[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Planning on going to an anime con here in California (haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1468720337660.jpg (173KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468720337660.jpg
173KB, 425x450px
Planning on going to an anime con here in California (haven't decided on which one yet). I don't travel alone very often and I have a lot of anxiety issues but I wanted to do it anyway because I want to make some friends, maybe meet a nice girl if I'm fortunate. Even if none of that happens, it would still be nice to get some experience with being on my own for extended periods of time.

Basically, I wanted to ask; for people with experience going to cons solo, what should I know in advance? Precautions, ideas for things to do, etc etc? I've been to two cons but I've only ever gone with family and we didn't really do anything there, we mostly just wandered around and looked at the costumes.
>>
>>18101375

>trying to make friends at a place full of pretentious immature autismo bronies and sjws...

good luck
>>
If you want to spend time on your own, the literally anywhere but a con is a better place to go
>>
It's hard to make friends at these things going into them totally solo.

Still go, but realize anywhere else would be more fruitful in terms of making friends, like a class or an activity or some shit.
>>
You're better off trying to get a gig working at one. That's a much easier way to make friends.
>>
>>18101375

hey man los angelesfag here, i went to stan lees comic con in october and it was fun, went there party solo.

>what should i know in advance?

celebrities will require you to pay for a photo with them. i didnt know this going in but with the power rangers it was like 30 bucks a photo. your ticket doesn't seem to cover much unfortuatnely, the majority of the convention seemed to just be shops, and the few i was interested in i found i could get the items far cheaper on amazon.

conventions used to be great because they connected people with very niche interests, and created a way for businesses that cater to those niche interests to start selling stuff you couldn't really find easily, often foreign or discontinued items.

nowadays they are more about the interaction and cosplay. it seemed like 99% of the people there were either cosplaying or just taking photos with cosplayers, or checking out the shops.

while it was fun and i met some interesting people, there's also a lot of sadness, like you see the people we make fun of in cringe threads, and you can kind of sense their fear. you'd think it'd be the one plcae they could be themselves and be free, but the huge crowd is intimidating and the fact that there are beautiful people there these days doesn't help. sometimes you just see people and feel kidna sad, and you can see the sadness emenating from them.

different cons have different panels, you gotta go to the website and see whats happening in order to find anything of interest to you.

i dont like crowds and paying for a ticket just to shop for over priced stuff isn't my style, i legit only went to meet the original power rangers, and was unaware of hte price thing so it was awkward being that guy who just goes up to shake hands and say hi and apologize for not paying. ended up going to the atm for a picture with the blue ranger though.
>>
OP here.

That's really disappointing to hear. But I guess I should've expected that it would actually be like that. I'm probably going to reconsider and do something else instead. Sounds like the kind of thing that would be more fun to do if you've already got pals and I don't really have any friends. Thanks for the heads up guys, I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.