[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: dale.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I'm in the UK, renting a room to some shady shitskin landlord and I just had a very "interesting" episode.

>go to tesco to buy some stuff to eat
>lock my room before I leave, take keys
>come back
>key doesn't go in
>realize there is something in the lock
>call landlord
>he implies I'm lying or trying to bullshit him
>says he can't go, only tomorrow or monday
>says he doesn't have a place for me to stay
>ask him why can't we call a locksmith
>he says right away it's expensive and I will have to pay for it
>basically locked out of the room I pay for and landlord doesn't give a fuck
>says he's not responsible
>get a locksmith to unfuck the lock
>pay £130 for the job

How legal is this shit?
>>
I'm not from the UK so I'm not 100% sure, but you should be able to claim back the locksmith's fee from him.
>>
>>18101199

Not really sure about that, he's a scumbag that refuses to give me and my gf a copy of the letting agreement. I learned from another housemate that he doesn't give you the contract because he is paying the city council for a 1 bedroom flat while in reality the house has 4 rooms rented to different people.
>>
>>18102134

Find your nearest Citizen's Advice Bureau, explain to them the situation. They're trained for this kind of bullshit. For what it's worth, I hope your scumbag landlord gets totally fucked for his fraud.
>>
>>18101188
In the US, many things are predicated on the lease you signed; even though many states favor the tenant. So, READ THE LEASE. He may not be legally bound to assist you. If your light bulb needs to be changed, would u call him? Anyway, what's Wrong with the fucking lock?
>>
>>18102200
And you should ALWAYS insist on getting a copy of the lease. WTF is wrong with that dick head not to voluntarily give u a copy of the lease. He's probably legally bound to provide a copy or you should've sign two....Copy for him, copy for you
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.