[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MIssing an Exam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Pure anger.gif (2MB, 375x200px) Image search: [Google]
Pure anger.gif
2MB, 375x200px
I know this is a very common topic, but I'm in need of advice concerning an exam that I am not prepared for.

In about 48 hours there will be a math exam in which I have absolutely zero chance of passing. Having said that, I chalked my options down to:

> Show up, bite the bullet, and fail (will lose 10% of my grade)
> Show up to a random clinic with an arbitrary faked illness that will get me a medical note

that seems like all I can do. I know the morally correct and honest thing to do here would be to just show up and fail, but my academic future is very important to me. Before judging, just note that I have very severe anxiety and chronic procrastination issues. This is not something in my life that I am very proud of.

I suppose the middle ground here would be to see a doctor and tell him/her the truth that anxiety has caused me to avoid an important academic event. Anyways, I'd like your guys advice on the matter. Feel free to offer procrastination advice or sources while your at it too. Thanks.
>>
>>18101138
Your anxiety and especially procrastination does not stop me from judging you.
The fact you think that's an excuse makes me judge you anymore.

Regardless, college is a scam so I have no issue with people cheating the system, so do your first plan. Telling a doctor "Uh, give me a free pass because I didn't study and am rightly anxious and regretful for not studying" is probably going to just make them laugh at you.
Say your elbow feel funny or whatever other bullshit you got and say nothing about your test.

Also find out if your teacher requires a specific note at all if you can do so without directly asking. At my school so long as the bill has a date and time on it, which most do, you can just show the bill as proof of going. Otherwise just make sure you tell the doc you need some sort of note to miss class. I wouldn't mention the test.
>>
Also if you academic future really is important to you, then fucking get your shit together, kick your own ass into gear or accept the consequences.
>>
>>18101147
Very cold dude, but thanks for the advice. I suppose you're on the side of "there's no such thing as people with psychological issues, only lazy people" of things, but that's a whole other topic. Option 1 it is.

>>18101152
This is legit advice and I wholeheartedly agree.
>>
48 hours is a lot of time before the exam. Assuming you're smart and resourceful, you should be able to cram enough to get a C at least. If you've been attending class and discussion sections, you should at least be able to pull of a B from 48 hours of cramming.

The first thing you should do is check to see if there is any practice exams or copies of the last exam from other years. If there are, learn how to do every problem on that exam. If you don't know how to do one, look it up in your textbook or online. If there's no practice test, learn what material/units your test is going to cover. Devote your first day to learning the first half, and your second day to learning the second half.

I'm assuming you've been assigned homework in the class. Go back and look through the homework you probably didn't do. See what types of problems were listed in the homework and learn how to solve them. You don't need to solve every one, you just need to learn how to solve that type of problem.

Don't bother faking an illness to skip the test. You're probably just going to procrastinate more and get an equally bad grade when you take it later.

Also, what math class is it? I've taken a decent amount of math and I might be able to give you tips or answer any questions about it.
>>
>>18101138

Can't really tell you which choice to make, apart from, as has been said before, a doctor would quite possibly just laugh and tell you to piss off. I can't see what risk of disciplinary/legal consequences of trying to defraud the system would be, but I wouldn't want to rule out that chance.

What I do want to tell you is to, after this is all said and done one way or another, go to your university counsellor and tell them exactly what you told us about your anxiety and procrastination issues as this is probably one of the more common problems they would get, and they have the resources and experience to give you the mental tools to help yourself out of this.

Also, if your academic future is truly important to you, follow >>18101516 advice
>>
>>18101165
Nah bro, psychological issues exist. they just aren't valid excuses. They aren't your crutch. They aren't your "get out of jail free card". They, like everything else, is just something you have to figure out how to live with.
I've got ADD. I totally know about psychological issues and learning disabilities.
But you know what, I'm an A/B student despite the ADD. I get my shit together, and work harder than anyone else in my class to get the same grades. Is it unfair? Yeah. That's fucking life though. Whining and trying to tell my teachers "B-but my ADD made it so I couldn't focus on my homeworrrkkkk" doesn't solve anything. My teachers still have a job to do, and they can't cater their whole teaching to meet me and my small problem that I can easily just fix myself. It's not like I'm actually retarded.
Neither are you.

It's not entirely that you're lazy, though you certainly can be, you're just mad that you have to work 10x harder for the same results and want special treatment for it. But guess what, your bosses won't give you special treatment and if you fall behind on your deadlines, you'll get canned easy. Your bosses will not give a single fuck about your anxiety. They want profits, and if you aren't giving it to them, then they'll find someone who will.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.