[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become gf material: max difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5196.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5196.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
Hey /adv/
I'm 21, and I've lived all my life in a fratty college town.

My last real relationship was in high school. I'm insecure, because unlike me, all of the girls in this town are supermodel beautiful, energetic, and their hobbies aren't weird in a bad way. It would be so nice to meet someone who would want not just sex, but also to spend time together when my mood is bad. But I don't know how to attract someone like this. Do you have any tips?
>>
What do you actually want, a boyfriend or a husband?
>>
>>18100822
A relationship where the other person enjoys my company, not just hooking up. I think boyfriends do that too.
>>
>>18100812
> all of the girls in this town are supermodel beautiful, energetic, and their hobbies aren't weird in a bad way.
no lol most people are average, by definition, and lazy, maybe you just have different habits
>>
>>18100838
um... just hooking up is literally not a relationship.

you are looking for a regular relationship, so go out and start finding regular people. the young immature college party crowd is not regular people, they are scene-ified.

sounds like you need to start paying more attention to prospective guy dates than worrying and comparing yourself to basic ass girls around you.
>>
>>18100857
>>18100860
These are so nice and optimistic! I guess I am just jealous, because I know a lot of friends who have loving and long-term relationships. The few times I've dated guys, they say all the right things that I think they want something long term, but they vanish very quickly after getting intimate. It feels bad! And so I wonder, what about me is making me not worth sticking around. Like, what can I do to become girlfriend material.
>>
>>18100838
If you are actually looking for a provider to spend the rest of your life with i recommend cultivating your femininity, learn to be quite, become good with children, wear dresses instead of fucking pants. You are young, you will slowly but surely lose your natural faculties as you get older which will make you less valuable to men. Men become more valuable as they get older because they accrue recources.
>>
>>18100873
Just because a couple of dudes dumped you it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you

I mean, there might be, but given the info you've given us you just seem like you're trying to compensate your insecurities with a boyfriend, like many girls do
Would you say there actually is something wrong with you?
>>
>>18100905
No, that isn't what I meant. Other girls get boyfriends no problem, even if they wear pants (?). I mean, how do I get over the insecurity? What activities are good for this? What are red flags in guys to avoid?

Also, thank you for your time, anon!
>>
>>18100915
Oh, well I have an eating disorder, and I'm very insecure about how I look and act. I am only confident when I talk about science, but it's not cool to nerd out. And ever since one of my mentors/professors tried to get it on with me, I'm really confused about how much passionate needing out is allowed before a guy thinks I owe him sex. Which is really scary.
>>
>>18100873
you don't want to be girlfriend material; you want to be wife material. that is the only way anyone will stick around.

"girlfriend material" is just that. girlfriend. it stays there and ends there. sounds like your previous partners did think you were girlfriend material, then when the fun started to wane, they set out for a new girlfriend.

Wife material is mainly about aspirations and mannerisms. do you set goals for the future? do you know what you want? (house in x location, y job, z number of children, etc). do you take care of and maintain your environment well? can you nurture/support others? are you loving?

the other part is then knowing the type of person who will fit you in those aspects, and if you fit him in those aspects + interests + attraction bam you have long term relationship and likely marriage situation panning out.

good luck.
>>
>>18100944
Huh. I'll think on that. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>18100931
>I have an eating disorder
well getting that out of the way would do wonders, for a start

>it's not cool to nerd out
It depends, many find passion really cool regardless of the subject. And intelligence is a plus for everybody.

>one of my mentors/professors tried to get it on with me
damn

let me get this straight: you have no trouble getting guys to like you, right?
>>
>It would be so nice to meet someone who would want not just sex, but also to spend time together when my mood is bad.

You want a leader male, the dying breed.

My advice is to move as soon as you can, find a medium town (something between rural and urban) and roam the community colleges for someone who has a lot of ambition and hasn't been beaten into heartlessness by life and everything yet.

Mainly, don't live in a place where all the chicks have their plastic highbeams on. If it's the norm then it's the norm.
>>
>>18100961
>let me get this straight: you have no trouble getting guys to like you, right?
I don't know. Probably lots of trouble? I don't fit the college image *at all*, or the hipster subculture. I wonder if it will be easier if I leave for a more liberal/less fratty grad school once I finish, bit right now it's like I'm not even an option for most of my peers because I'm so weird.

>>18100971
Oh, I'm very liberal though. Not too sure what plastic highbeams are? But I'm not on /o/ too much.
>>
>>18100931
Well personally an attractive girl nerding out is a huge turn on for what it's worth.

I'm surely not the only person like this, honestly best I can say is try and surround yourself with good people if you're afraid of being hurt
>>
OP, are you pretending to be retarded on purpose or what's up with that?
>>
>>18100978
This is heartening to hear! I was wondering if the standards change from town to town.

>>18100991
Sorry no
>>
Pics? We can't help you if you're 50lbs overweight.
>>
>>18100977
I was trying to understand if it was a problem with getting boys in general or if for some reason you just get the wrong ones

it is very possible that >>18100971 is right, and that boys simply expect sex from you because that's how things work where you live, so it's not really on you - but then again you said your friends had loving boyfriends so I dunno

anyway if it's more of a problem of getting a boy to begin with, being more confident and meeting ton of people usually does the trick
>>
>>18100873
Stop sleeping with them and getting intimate so quickly. The ones who actually want to be with you will stick around.
>>
>>18101025
I mean I'm already trying my hardest to look ok, don't see the use.

>>18101038
>>18101051
Hmm yeah, I've been going about it wrong. Instead of trying to not disappoint the guy by kissing him and so in, I'll try and see if he sticks around without getting intimate. That is really helpful!
>>
>>18100923
red flags to avoid

don't get any crazy colors on your hair

don't get any piercings on your nose, lips, face in general.

avoid tattoos, even if you already have one.

don't be disrespectful.
talk to the guy you like, like really try to get his attention by asking how he's doing, etc, waving, just being nice to the guy, if he doesn't like you, just say bye.
>>
>>18101157
>tattoos
OH NO I have six
>>
Maybe you're just annoying or ugly.

That's how we work when feeling if we stay with a girl or not, the prettiest we find you the most we are going to tolerate your bullshit.

Or maybe you're perfect but have been unlucky with men.

Can't help you just reading some obscure info sorry.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.