[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell is Other People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: I know you're drinking alcohol.jpg (233KB, 1080x818px) Image search: [Google]
I know you're drinking alcohol.jpg
233KB, 1080x818px
I have trouble living with the fact (regardless of prejudices) that *most* people, at least in this culture, are major sources of pain to others. I'm tired of seeing male cruelty and female trickery. I'm tired of seeing greed and so on. Sometimes I don't like myself, don't feel like I'm the best human, but often I just hate the fact that I am human. Maybe there's more simplicity, and therefore more purity, in being something like a dolphin or an elephant. What does that mean? I think we create a mental hell for each other, and I'm tired of living in it.

Do any of you have feedback/advice on this?
>>
You're fighting the ego (aka thoughts). At the core you are the same conciousness as dolphins and elephants. The reason you feel this way is because you probably overthink too much.

I'd advice to either meditate or read some Nietzsche, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>18100636
Nietzsche was fuckin' miserable, and how do you figure there is a collective consciousness - religion?
>>
People can drive themselves insane trying to figure out all the aspects of the human condition. Don't be one of those people. Just keep living your life, trying to be the best human being you can and tuning out all the evil in the world to the best of your ability.
>>
>>18100640
no
the only way we differ from animals is our ability to think and reflect our actions. no thoughts = conciousness.
Nietzsche is also a alpha male that tteaches to be a ubermensch instead of whining and overthinking shit
>>
>>18100642
I agree with the first part very much, but isn't mindlessly continuing as a "good guy" a little bit precarious? What if continuing on like a "good guy" just causes more absurdity and difficulty in my life?

Sort of a throwback to when >>18100636 mentioned Nietzsche, but Nietszche's insights were only partially coherent.

>>18100649
I agree that (really assuming some things) our individual consciousness is not completely different from that of an elephant or a dolphin.

>Nietzsche teaches to be an ubermensch.
I'm aware of Nietzsche. When I talk about "good" and "evil," I realize I'm talking about my ego and my formulated opinions. I think that, from a power standpoint (he was way into power), we actually waste a lot of energy being cruel to each other and tricking each other. There are some benefits to harshly and indiscriminately 'gaming' each other, but honestly I see it as a great deal of dysfunction.

Nietzsche was right about many things, and he was a tremendous overthinker/whiner.
>>
>>18100623
No advice. Thanks for the post. It helped me to suffer less at the disgusting hands of the pathocracy. Nature attacks weakness?
>>
>>18100623

My belief is that fundamentally most people feel the same way and wish we could go easier on each other - if not for the sake of everyone else, then for each person's own sake as it would be great if everyone could spend less of the time being on guard for other people's shit. I think the reason most people can be such shits is because they expect everyone else to be as much of a shit or more.

It is possible to make a comfortable life for yourself, be honest and generous with others, and still be able to assert your own needs and not be walked on. You probably won't be CEO of a major conglomerate with this kind of life, but I don't think that's your goal anyway? And statistically you probably wouldn't regardless. And I find that people tend to be genuinely nicer if you are nice with them. This is probably the reasoning behind the quote "Be the change you want to see in the world," if you'll excuse the cliche.
>>
File: jesus-baby.jpg (20KB, 316x222px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-baby.jpg
20KB, 316x222px
>>18100623

It's not just mental, we create physical hells for ourselves as well.

It's a heavy decision to make, but getting a vasectomy is the most beneficial thing anyone has ever done and can ever do.

Such a person saves countless generations from suffering and at least slows down the beast of humanity from constantly smacking itself with the hammer of self righteous violence.
>>
>>18100623
Ajahn Brahm would tell you that you don't control other people's behavior, only your own. There's no need to existentially worry about other people's behavior, when you can use that energy to focus on your own.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.