[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have many assignments that I should be doing right now but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484427876640.jpg (76KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
1484427876640.jpg
76KB, 640x641px
I have many assignments that I should be doing right now but I'm looking at the stuff and it's not really want I want to do, I don't find it very interesting to learn and would rather do something else.

I know that I NEED to do this stuff however, how can I get myself to without wanting to blow my brains out?
>>
Why are you studying something you're not interested in?
>>
>>18100252
Because I didn't want to disappoint my parents so I picked a high paying major, I've worked for 2 years(had time management difficulties and useless classes) to do the general education part of the degree so I don't want to give up now that I'm doing the actual major related material but man is it hard to get the motivation for this stuff.
>>
>>18100262
Well if you've done the GE stuff, wouldn't it be relatively easy to switch majors to something you want to do?

And some real talk here: who are you living your life for - you, or your parents? You can't go through life making decisions based on what will make others happy. You've got to start living for yourself. Your parents do want what's best for you and so they'll push you into a major that pays well, but I'm sure they'd rather you earned an average amount and were happy than you earned a lot and were miserable.
>>
>>18100248
Meditate beforehand, it might get you more willing to get out of your comfort zone and focus on things that dont interest you. Read carefully but quickly and understand what you are reading without looking at deadlines, it will have a big influence on your final work too. Rush only when you conclude there is no other choice.
And set timer for each assignment, it will get you more motivated to think over your working habits overtime. The more you do of the above the better quality your work will be. You can also try stimulants and whatnots but that is very individual and i wouldnt recommend it. Also i discovered i work better towards the evening/late night maybe it can work for you too.
>>
>>18100265
Financial aid and what little my parents can give me wouldn't be able to cover me if I switched now and if I did switch my grandmother would probably kick me out of the house, I'm either in it for the long haul or I'll have to put a big pause on education. That said, the stuff is okay, enjoyable even, when I'm doing it hands on(it's computer science) but learning all of the terms, definitions and things you can do bores the shit out of me.

I guess you could say I like using the tools but I don't care for getting them and that's a huge chunk of what I have to do right now.
>>
If you don't want to do it, don't. Life's too short to waste it on prepping for the rat race.
>>
>>18100269
>Meditate beforehand
How do you personally meditate, anon? I've dabbled in it but don't know much other than what I've read.
>Read carefully but quickly and understand what you are reading without looking at deadlines
Sounds good, I have not really been doing this.
>And set timer for each assignment, it will get you more motivated to think over your working habits overtime.
I used to use the pomodoro technique and it was pretty effective, maybe I ought to switch back to it.
>You can also try stimulants and whatnots but that is very individual and i wouldnt recommend it. Also i discovered i work better towards the evening/late night maybe it can work for you too.
I used to drink coffee but it makes me anxious and my body reacts very strangely to it, probably the same with other stimulants. I could try working at night though.

Thanks for the advice anon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.