[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0342.jpg (223KB, 1024x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.jpg
223KB, 1024x864px
All through high school I acted like a douche and a homophobe to hide that I was gay. I felt guilty and distanced myself from all but a few friends, and after I graduated they all drifted apart in the first couple years. I'm not sure but I think the past 4 years of no real social interaction changed me, that or I'm actually mentally slow, which is painful to handle.

I joined the military to better myself. Now I'm alone overseas and feel worse, even though it's a good base and I'm trying to have a good time on the weekends. Went on a trip today to a religious festival and some pastors prayed over me and said I saw God's light, even said Jesus would help me with confidence. I got a drink a while after and they laughed at me in the bar just for ordering, maybe I did something wrong because I've never been to a bar before.

I'm just lonely. At this point even if people were to reach out to me I probably wouldn't go with it. It's like I'm trapped, I honestly don't know what to do. I think I should talk to a chaplain, I know they have to keep your talks secret but I feel like they could find ways around it.
>>
The military is like the worst fucking place in the world to be for someone in your position. If I were you, I'd STFU, get my time in, and then GTFO asap while milking it for all it's worth. Get your money for college or whatever it is and get all the free shit you can on veteran's day.

Then move to somewhere that isn't dumbfuckistan and get friends who aren't fucking morons. The only smart conservatives are the fiscal ones.
>>
>>18100251
That's my plan, I'm handling it well for now in my opinion, but some people can tell.

I'm not a douche so I didn't make an official fuss about it, but there was this guy in technical training who had a gay cousin. He recognized I was similar to him and fucking ripped into me for like an hour when there wasn't anyone else in the room. He wasn't insulting but wouldn't stop asking. Now I'm worried if it's obvious to others.
>>
Chaplain is your best bet They will keep your talks confidential. If they have nothing else to offer than the "light of jesus " or whatever garbage they spew at you, thats a shitty chaplain.

If you are lonely you need to realize that often loneliness is a product of your own actions. Getting out of that lonely rut will also be a product of your own actions, not others. Even if it's meeting someone online and skyping every now and then, you CAN find someone to fufill the needs we all have. These needs are fufilled by the military for some, but not all. I'm talking about companionship.

Maybe get out of your element a little bit. Pack a lip and go play some spades with the boys. For all you know they're good people you can get along with on a personal level.

If you need to talk I'm here on /advice/ for a bit. Nothing else to do today.

Matter of fact let's talk. What kind of interests do you have? I like to woodwork and play the piano.
>>
>>18100271
I'm holding together now because I still talk with old friends from back home, and yeah I understand that it's on me to get out.

Woodworking is cool, I'm an Eagle Scout so I have a little experience. Do you do carving or projects?
>>
>>18100300

Lathe work mostly. Salad bowls, jewelry boxes and the like. I love making salad bowls, they are such lovely gifts to friends and family. Keeps me busy on the off days too. You still do any carving or anything?

BTW fuck that dude in tech school, I know that unfortunately there is still a gay stigma in the service depending on where you're at but don't ever be ashamed of who you are man. Best bet if something like that happens again is just say "Yeah, I'm gay, you keep asking about it alot, are you trying to come out or something?" and 9 times out of 10 everyone will drop it because straight men usually don't like to question their sexuality.

Good place to find real quality friends is not the bars man, honestly hit the gym on base and find a gym bud. Just ask someone for a spot, get to know em maybe you can hit the gym regularly together.
>>
>>18100321
Have to agree. Admitting you are gay openly too often creates problems. On the hand, joking about the topic and questioning his "straightness" in a mocking, yet respectful manner will get you off the hook frequently.

Bars are only good to get drunk. Like others mention, find something you really enjoy doing. Meet other people, do things together. Sexuality won't even be a topic.
>>
>>18100321
I sucked at it and was too lazy to clean up the mess, so I put that hobby down in hs. I did turn to geology, a lot of tool work and hands-on crafting there. It's a way to pass the time. Good advice, I need to go to the gym, but desu it's always so packed that I was about to get a set off craigslist for my dorms. Too many muscle gods and pararescue dudes looking at me struggling with 100 lbs lol

>>18100335
''Tis the plan, I don't talk about it openly and the only reason I mention it is because he seemed to know immediately. He actually told me my story from grade school to graduation like 90% accurate, which is freaky considering how well I concealed it for so long.
>>
>>18100342

I love geology man, big rockhound myself. I live in CT so there isnt much gold panning but I have a secret little spot known to get a flake or two! If you're ever around CT theres a garnet farm in Roxbury that last I checked was 10 bucks to get in and you could take all the garnet you found. Beautiful pieces from there in my collection.

I know what you mean I was never very muscular or even athletic either but I bet you can find a solid gym bud and get to Adonis levels of phsyicality. Like the other fella mentioned, know your interests and find people with similar interests.

I'm sorry about the situation you're in, I know it can be tough being gay and in the mil but things will get better. Keep that chin high up!
>>
>>18100360
Thanks bro, I've never been to this board before so I wasn't expecting much help comparing it to other boards, but just talking about it really does help.
>>
>>18100071

>jesus would help me with confidence

maybe do the christian thing and tell him to focus on the people who are all dying and starving first.
>>
>>18100391

Talking always helps man, it's different internalizing your problems than actually expressing them and getting external input, even if that input is just validation of your own conclusions.

Hows army life? From a mil family and been thinking about taking the plunge.
>>
>>18100437
I need to pass out soon, it's late here.

I'm AF, and I know all your army bros will give you shit for it but really join. If your recruiter says the job isn't open, tell him you can wait for it. If the relationship goes sour then you can find a new recruiter.

We get nice dorms, don't have to march everywhere, and I heard someone complaining their veal was too tough.

Their veal.

We have it better than the Army senpai
>>
>>18100467

I'll look into it man. Take care, be safe and live well!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.