[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: roman-centurion-1.jpg (343KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
roman-centurion-1.jpg
343KB, 1680x1050px
I live in a small apartment with a mid to late twenties couple in the living room who are insufferably pathetic. Neither of them has any formal education, nor do they attend school; The boyfriend plays Destiny twelve hours a day, smokes bowls every thirty minutes from dusk till dawn, and has no ambitions to do anything. The girlfriend is equally a mess, because she's the type to sit at home on her hands while she pesters him to make something of his life, or read a few articles or blog posts about some shit in politics and then tries to debate me about the most trivial crap because I'm the only person in the home doing something with my life and she wants to feel important.

I don't feel righteous but the fact that I'm going to school full-time, taking Honors courses while working and dedicating myself to getting out of this shit-hole is my cause for being so annoyed by them. They bicker and fight and get passive-aggressive with one another and when they get tired of that they start projecting their shit onto other people. They've literally busted open my door, asking if I used one of the glass bowls because they couldn't find it. I would have knocked the boyfriends fucking head off if I didn't need to live here so badly for the reason that moving mid-semester would really fuck me. I hear them through the walls and shit and I try to play as passive as possible to skate by, but sometimes it's impossible to ignore them and sometimes I feel like I'm giving them too much reign. I'm paying double their rent and they act like they own the place (although their sister is the kind of stand-in property manager.)

My question is: would it be wiser to encourage them to break up, which is something they fight about all the time, or just ignore it? I can't study here but I kind of have to on weekends when my school library is closed.

They kind of already resent me because the girlfriend tries to debate me and I just laugh at how arrogant and ignorant shit is
>>
>>18100028
mind your own business
>>
I forgot to mention they work as temps. at a call-center and regard that is some kind of significant employment, like they couldn't think of anything better to do with their lives.

I'm just really frustrated at the whole situation and my go to would be emotionally destroying by cutting remarks on everything stupid and idiotic they do which practically consists of everything for their daily mode of existence. I'm refraining but it's eating me up now.
>>
>>18100037
you clearly have anger issues, seek help
>>
>>18100035
I can't mind my own business cause the girlfriends will text me while I'm out about trivial home shit since she has nothing better to do than fret over those things. I literally only come home to sleep during the week and they can't leave it at that. This is why I think at least putting them in place would teach them to not poke a porcupine since that seems to be the only language they understand. I've been here for eight months, I was really sympathetic at first, but now I'm exhausted.
>>
>>18100035
This
And if it really irritates you, find another appertment
>>
>>18100041
That might be true, but I'm also angry because when I moved in, they promised they would renovate certain areas of the room, which they haven't. You would be angry too if you paid for a bedroom with a door to have that entirely neglected as if they have complete dominion of the home. I'm also angry because they moved their sixteen-year-old methamphetamine-addicted sister into the home, who they belittle and discourage but refuse to kick out even when she's tweaking in the home, so they just fight all the fucking time. It's tense in the home without the other bullshit.
>>
what >>18100035
said. just ignore them and pay your side of the rent until you find another place to live.
>>
Living with other people always sucks. I don't care how cool they are it just gets old. Remain calm, polite, and do what you have to do to get out on your own. Don't get caught in a freaking love triangle.
>>
Why are you paying twice as much as they are? Roommates should split everything evenly when it comes to bills.

Why cause more drama in the house? If you have a problem then bring it up to them. Moving sounds like your best option even though currently it is a bad time to move, just do it and get it done with.
>>
>>18100053
I live in San Diego, so rent is ridiculous. If I wasn't paying what I am, which is actually a really good deal, I would be thirty minutes further south, and it would take me an hour or two hours to commute from school or work, so, for one reason, I pay that much. The other is that they sleep in the living room without privacy and that is why they pay extra, although I'm so chill about it that it really does affect them. The only hindrance on their lives might be when I cook at 9 pm after getting home from class, but that's not even that bad. I live here because of the community college I attend that is really well funded and offered me a job as a student instructor, which would be a great resume opportunity before transferring to a University. I can't move home and frankly no one else in my family has anything going for them to where I'm trying to be, they are all strapped trying to take care of themselves. I suppose I'm most frustrated with the situation.
>>
OP I understand, living with people like that is terrible. Can you not move out? Sure, you might be on a lease, but those can be broken without much consequence other then no security deposit, especially if you half explain the circumstance. Living with other people suuuuuuuuuuucks. Never again. I wouldn't recommend fucking up their relationship, because in the end it does nothing for you. Take comfort in the fact that the longer they stay together, the more emotional distress and discomfort each one will have to endure.
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>18100028
Hey op this sounds bad. I'd have to agree with others and say ignore them do what you have to to get by until other place. Try sitting in your room studying and the next time they come in with trivial shit be like. I'm not sure or I don't know unless it's yes no and important then proceed to be like I'm just trying to do some class work or studying right now. Make sure the door is shut again. If someone comes back same again but be like I'm trying to study so I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some peace just for now please thank you. Without sounding condescending. Good luck op and God speed old chap God speed.
>>
>>18100067
I couldn't afford to lose the deposit. I wouldn't be able to get to another place without a deposit. I'm literally on a break-neck tightrope with my education and work. I'm all in so that I don't fall into a rabbit hole like a lot of other people I know who stop and get hooked on shit and never attempt to go back. I'm like two-hundred dollars away from financial ruin.

I can hear the couple fighting right now over who uses what kitchen utensil; 10:55am on a Saturday
>>
>>18100067
>I wouldn't recommend fucking up their relationship

If someone suggesting to a couple that they should break up would fuck up a relationship, then the relationship was already shit to begin with, be honest.
>>
>>18100080
Ha, financial ruin isn't that bad. Everyone needs to be homeless at least once, it is very humbling. You realize you don't need a lot of the shit you think is vital. Though I understand not everyone is in an opportune position to lose everything (what a weird sentence), as I can see how maintaining an education in a tent might not be ideal. I wouldn't get cops involved, leave the pigs for the violent and disturbing crimes, and that sucks that the sister is landlord. Hmmmm... Honestly would you be apposed to getting ear-muffs? Like, if confrontation doesn't work, just put in some ear plugs or something. I know it sucks but hey, you can have quiet and know that they are slowly chipping away at each other's psyche.
>>
>>18100084
You are right, I worded that poorly. I wouldn't suggest being the one to suggest to her to break it off. Women might get neglected and abused in a relationship, but you bet your ass they will still run their mouth to the asshole. And even though all the faults are in him, he may very well come at you with the 'YOU MADE MY GIRLFRIEND BREAK UP WITH ME' mindset.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.