[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good to put your IQ on a resume?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is it good to put your IQ on a resume?
>>
>>18099926

not really. if you do that you probably dont have anything else of interest on there.
>>
If you've did some online test, no. If you've done a test with mensa or something sure.
>>
No. IQ is not a skill. You can put characteristics that imply a high intelligence: organizational skills, ingenuity, prioritizing under stress. Putting your IQ makes you seem pretentious.
>>
No. Like the others have said it might only influence their opinion of you if you did a real, multiple hours face to face test. And even then chances are they will think you are pretentious and/or are the booksmart kind of guy who thinks his IQ means everything will come easy to him.

Also like second poster said, you want to break down your abilities/skills as much as possible to fit the specific position. Instead say you are a fast learner, think of creative solutions, have an eye for seeing bigger patterns or pay attention to the smallest details, things like that.
>>
No.
If your employer has a clue about anything really, they know it's bullshit and irrelevant to almost any position.
Imagine you are applying for a job on a construction site, heavy-duty manual work, lots of it specific tasks, but also lots of heavy things to carry around. Would you tell them what weights you can lift in the gym? No. You'd only get laughed at.
>>
I never gave the slightest shit how smart or dumb my employees were, only how willing they were to follow my instructions and show up to work.
>>
If you have a high IQ, that's even better than a degree.
>>
>>18099926
No
>>
>>18100007
This. It'll put you on the top of the candidates list if you put your IQ. I never put my IQ, and it's 135+, and I'm beginning to think it's why I can't get a job...
>>
Hell no.
>>
>>18099938

This. If some faggot or faggette puts their IQ on a resume that goes into the trash bin instantly.

The only thing it communicates to people is that you're full of yourself, won't respond well to authority, and won't work well in teams.
>>
If you actually think it's a good idea, then you should probably get your IQ tested again.
>>
>>18100250
So much this.
>>
File: 1481572472377.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1481572472377.gif
726KB, 446x251px
My sides.
>>
>>18099926
This thread tells me you shouldnt do it.
>>
If I see IQ on a resume then I'm blacklisting that person's contact information and social security number.

What are you supposed to put on a resume? The prior places you've worked and the people in those places who can be contacted to verify you've worked there and not been thrown the fuck out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.