[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with how society seems to be headed? Honestly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: meme.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
How do you cope with how society seems to be headed? Honestly, it's gotten me very depressed to look at how crappy society is to minorities and women. With literal nazis gaining power, a large number of people vocal against people of color and LGBT people, people actively against women and still trying to undermine them in nerd culture and in general (also only seeing them as sex objects).

I know this may be the wrong place to post (I may just get called an SJW and told to kill myself) but I honestly just need to ask people here what they do to cope. I also can't go to /pol/ with this cause it's entirely alt-right and I'll just get laughed to page 10
>>
What specifically has you concerned?

>literal nazis gaining power
Are you referring to Trump? If so you're belittling the suffering of my ancestors who were murdered by the actual nazis. Trump is a pretty disgusting person, but he is not a nazi and please don't call him one.
>>
>>18099534
First off, let me start by saying what an entitled idiot you are. Look at the entirety of fucking history. The big picture. There are ebbs and flows in society that goes liberal and conservative. It's an ongoing struggle of ups and downs. To be depressed with the situation is to be ignorant of what others in the past as gone through. I guarantee you that today, things are wayyyyy better than it has been in any period of time towards LGBTQ, ect. So chill the fuck out.
>>
File: greek symposium.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
greek symposium.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>18099546
>I guarantee you that today, things are wayyyyy better than it has been in any period of time towards LGBTQ, ect.
what about ancient greece where they had gay orgies all the time?
>>
>>18099544
no I'm talking about the alt-right who are gaining power and want to do the same awful acts they did to your people to other races, including blacks and arabs. I know Trump isn't a nazi, don't worry I'm not that ignorant.

>>18099546
Yes, but we are returning to that point now. More and more rights are being taken away from minorities. People are more vocal about their distaste to them. And yes, it is better than things were back then, but that still doesn't mean I should be happy in seeing things fail around me.
>>
>>18099559
>more and more rights are being taken away from minorities
such as?
>>
>>18099534

Fucking SJW, you're the one who causes all this deliquescence

I don't hope you die because i'm not a bad guy but you're absolutely retarded and you can go fuck yourself
>>
File: go2.jpg (402KB, 2620x2218px) Image search: [Google]
go2.jpg
402KB, 2620x2218px
you ditch the identity politics and get prepared, faggot
>>
>>18099559
you are fucking braindead. I would ask if that stuff sounded better in your head, but it's clear you don't have one
>>
I hope you get cured of your sickness.
>>
File: Support.png (791KB, 859x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Support.png
791KB, 859x1205px
>>
>>18099534
I take solace in the fact that my state at the least is filled with rational people across the political spectrum and that in the end there are simply more of us who aren't backwards bigots so any hiccups that may occur in the present are just that, hiccups.

I'm more concerned about how fucked environmental policies are becoming and how it's spearheaded by old fucks who won't live to see the impact
>>
>>18099559
>More and more rights are being taken away from minorities
[citation needed]
>>
>>18099591
and what state is that
>>
File: earthball.png (726KB, 900x955px) Image search: [Google]
earthball.png
726KB, 900x955px
>>18099591
>>
>>18099607
Just skip to the insult
>>
>>18099609
well I can't very well tailor the insult until I know where you come from, now can I?
>>
>>18099552
Back at that time in Greece you could only have sex with your wife for procreation. If you wanted sex for pleasure the laws were that you do it with the same sex, not so much that everyone was necessarily gay or bi.
>>
Don't worry OP. America is more woke than ever. Senators are literally running scared from town hall meetings because they're afraid of their constituents who are made because they're getting fucked over and they're tired of it. A city that entirely voted Trump just had a restaurant owner and great pillar of their community detained for being illegal. The mayor, police chief and head prosecutor of the town wrote letters on his behalf speaking against his deportation. I think it can only get better from here actually.

The think about people like this is they're stupid, have no sympathy and they don't realize something is bad until it affects them personally. And now it is.
>>
>>18099620
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes

>literally the gayest military unit in history annihilates the Spartans
>>
cope? shit, i've been feeling celebratory since the 23rd of last june and it's only gotten soaringly better. dunno what to tell you hun. dunno what you'd actually listen to, if anything at all even. if you wanted to hear it yet you wouldn't still be this worked up over nothing. hmm. deep breaths when you get overwhelmed or start to panic, k? gotta will yourself to calm down. generally speaking my ways of coping with stress are conflict resolution and/or distraction via productivity, cuddling, & comic relief so maybe try those. outside of that, just try to focus on self-improvement and making your family proud and being an asset to your community. oh, and the stuff you're worried about? verify why you believe it's cause for concern. that'll do you more good than anything else once you're ready to let it.

>t. woman
>>
>>18099534
>Honestly, it's gotten me very depressed to look at how crappy society is to minorities and women.
You're brainwashed and fucking retarded. Get off the internet/media to tell you about the world and experience it yourself. Tip: It's nothing close to what they want you to think.
>>
>>18099534
I'm grateful to people like you OP. When everyone goes around calling people nazis and fascists for trivial reasons it desensitizes the public to those words. As the US and other first world countries continue to drift toward fascist governments led by populists who put their people first it will be much easier. The media will cry wolf, warning about how that fascists are gaining control for real this time, and the masses will ignore it. They will no longer have the knee jerk reaction to those words pushed into them due to decades of propaganda after the world wars. And things will be better in the world for everyone as a result, not just whites or christians or whoever. I know we're the "bad guys" but we really do want what's best for the world, believe it or not.
>>
I checked out of society long ago.
>>
I see it as the anger at increasingly inequality built into free market capitalism and the increasingly controlling state designed to protect the free market is being purposefully misdirected and blamed on the other.

I don't believe that the world should be one homogenised melting pot without borders and I know that our relative wealth in the west is built upon holding back developing countries, but I can't blame individuals for wanting to leave shitty parts of the world full of conflict, disease, lack of food or water, basic sanitation and medicine, religious shit heads and come to better parts of the world. I don't believe that by denying them inequality is going to decrease or even stop increasing for the average person.

Eventually all struggles will be realised as class struggle and all dynamics will be realised as power dynamics born of the control of capital. It is in the interests of a minority to continue to string this along as long as possible however.
>>
no john, you are the nazi.
>>
>>18099534
By realising people by and large arent actually like that.

It takes a minority to paint a whole population bad.

Most people are too occupied with feeding their families and succeeding to be racist or sexist

The few who suck are just bored with their lives or have serious problems and want to scapegoat someone. And theyre very vocal about it.

But they are still a minority, but your facebook news feed will shove them in your face because they know it bothers you and it will generate clicks and ad revenue.

>but trump won

Most trump voters arent racist. I dont support him but doesnt mean at all theyre all terrible people.

Theyre humans too and were more focused on disrupting the system and making the dems and republicans re evaluate themselves and shape the fuck up.

And they arent wrong about that.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.