[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical advice please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: BRAIN FORCE.png (662KB, 740x755px) Image search: [Google]
BRAIN FORCE.png
662KB, 740x755px
I was in bed this morning lying in. Falling asleep, waking up a few times as per normal when I'm lying in, but after a couple of times I think I had a seizure. I really don't know what the absolute definition is so I don't know but I was hoping somebody might know.

I'm lying there when my brother comes in and starts talking to me, I can't remember about what, but after maybe a minute I realise I can't move. Then the muscles in my body start shaking, and it sort of spreads, I can't remember from where, eventually including my face as well. I remember that because I was starting to shake really bad at that point, I could feel my face twitching and spasming like crazy, nothing I'd ever felt before. It's hard to explain and I'm sorry if I'm doing a bad job of telling this story. Anyway, I remember being able to sort of whisper while groaning something like "help me up" to my brother, who at this point was out of view. He was still there just out of view and had stopped talking. After maybe a minute or two of this I stopped shaking and I can't remember if I fell asleep again or not, because I basically forgot it all when I came to again.
I wasn't sure if this was a seizure because I did a couple of searches and people tend to experience other things like memory loss. But later in the day, so not too long ago, I remembered a fairly crucial bit - my brother was never in my room to begin with. He was never there and he never spoke to me at all. Not that I remember it that way, of course, but he wasn't. Sorry if I wrote this like some kind of story with a big plot twist haha, just the way it came out.
Anyway, if anybody has any idea what happened to me, I don't want to see a doctor because they'll ask other questions I don't want to answer.
>>
First off, just getting this out of the way, see a doctor. If this is something serious you want to nip it in the bud before it gets worse and costs you some serious cash and comfort or possibly your life.

Okay you might have sleep paralysis. This is generally has hallucinations, inability to move- sometimes breathing problems.
>>
>>18099343
Thanks, I hadn't thought of sleep paralysis. I didn't really feel panicked or scared at the time which I guess is why I didn't think of it.
>>
I'd say some form of sleep paralysis or just basic dreaming. I don't think you should worry too much if it's your first time/ happens irregularly.

Might help to stop sleeping in and just go to bed earlier/later, dragging your sleep out is just as bad as getting too little sleep.
>>
>>18099355
Since the other guy said that too I'll believe you both, but what would you recommend if it happens again soon or regularly?
>>
>>18099364
Take a look if you can find any stressful things in your life, work, love, family, pressure you put on yourself, etc. Try to fix these things that stress you out/makes you feel tense or uncomfortable. Or simply try to find things to relax with before going to sleep, read a book, yoga, meditate, the usual crap.

Might help to avoid sleeping on your back if you do that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.