[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does university work in the US?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Basho_by_Kinkoku_c1820.jpg (42KB, 387x453px) Image search: [Google]
Basho_by_Kinkoku_c1820.jpg
42KB, 387x453px
Can you get an engineering master's with any bachelor degree?

How do they know whether you're qualified for their courses?

I'm wanting to get my master's in the US, and my bachelor's is in environmental science.
>>
>>18099188
Professor writing here.

Obviously (or maybe not, or you wouldn't be asking) the place to go is the university's website, where the engineering department will give its requirements.

Generally speaking, while most people get an MA in the same field as their BA, a lot do switch, and the system allows for that. It will help if your BA courses included things that BA engineers also take, so they can gauge your grades, and it is possible that they will require a gap-year of taking basic engineering classes first.

But ask them.
>>
You realize that you will need to pay for the first year of the program upfront?
>>
>>18099281
I did check their site earlier, but I checked again and found the info. Thanks. The prerequisites list one of the required degrees as a biological science, though I'm unsure whether environmental science counts. I'll have to call them.
>>
>>18099295
Really? The website doesn't say that.
>>
>>18099301
It's required to get a visa, yes.

Furthermore the price foreign students pay is generally higher than what Americans need to pay.
>>
>>18099305
Oh, I see.
>>
>>18099306
Most universities will at least tell you the price for foreign students upfront though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.