[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking too fast/thinking too slow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: emert-talking.jpg (22KB, 448x293px) Image search: [Google]
emert-talking.jpg
22KB, 448x293px
Sup /adv/. I often have trouble speaking. It's not an issue of being nervous (although I do get nervous when talking to new people), instead it's more an issue of having to restart my sentences a lot. When I want to say something, I know in my head the message that I'm trying to convey, but don't know the actual words that I'll use to convey that message. I'll begin speaking before I actually know what words to use, and my sentences won't actually make sense. I'll have to stop mid-sentence and start over.
This happens no matter who I'm talking to, what I'm talking about, etc. It even happens over text; I've had to restart several of the sentences in just this post. If I want to have a normal sounding conversation, I would have to stop and think for several seconds before I begin each sentence. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there anything I can do to make myself think faster, so that I don't have to spew a few random words out before I can say something?
>>
B-bump?
>>
I sort of have the same problem. Having issues pronouncing things but sounds dead on in my head. Usually I just take time and read books to effectuate. Keep in mind, you should keep on talking, as weird as it sounds its actually beneficial b/c it works your jaw/tongue/etc. It's just that you're not really talkative in my opinion like me.
>>
I write better than I talk. Reading aloud helps somewhat with enunciation.
>>
>>18098022
yes reading and writing helps. did you grow up bilingual? i did and i have the exact same problem i confuse all sentences and always stop i the middle of the sentence and then correct it.
>>
I hav the same problem. You can try deskribing a simple action in writing such as your morning routine or what you did today and explore how you use your words.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.