[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My existential perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hith-sistine-chape.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px)
hith-sistine-chape.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
Ever since I had my brain surgery, (not sure if it is entirely dependent on what im about to say), my perception of reality seem to be foggy or disrupted. I no longer view the world the way I did a few years ago. Its almost as if im a robot that just drifts through time living what life he has. I feel like Im not me or rather I feel very disconnected with reality. I still do things like I used to and my personality is roughly the same.

Anyone else have this happen to them, does this having something to do with become mature?

P.S. This famous picture is somewhat inspiring to me. You will notice that god and the angels create the outline of a brain. My take on this painting is that our world and perception is entirely created with out brain. God being the all mighty entity that he is, could possibly just be a function of understanding relative to the brain

I posted on some other boards as well because I need answers.
>>
>>18097792
Why am I going to guess you didn't have any brain surgery, and you just want someone to discuss art with?
>>
At least you still feel like you are living.

I feel more like I am just waiting to die.
>>
>>18097792
I'm sure there are philosophers that think religions and gods came about to explain things we couldn't comprehend with our limited understanding.

I think it's coincidence that they form the shape of a brain, I think it was unlikely that Michelangelo knew what a brain looked like. DaVinci, on the other hand, was definitely a heretic and would have been cutting open cadavers, but that sort of thing was not allowed back then.
>>
>>18097799
>with our limited understanding.
With YOUR limited understanding. Speak for you self jackass
>>
>>18097792
Sounds like you have depersonalizations/derealization. I had it for a couple years. It complicated and there is no quick fix or cure. Good news is it gets better.
>>
>>18098028
Same guy. Also general advice is don't spend all day worrying about it. Just love your life like it's not there. Avoid all drugs and live as healthy as possible. Good luck OP.
>>
>>18097792
ALso I'm curious what part of your brain did you have surgery on and why did you have to have it?
>>
>>18097792
How old are you and do you do drugs or were you taking any medication?
>>
>>18098028
This all the way. It's not normal, but it's not uncommon. I used to get it constantly and it really damaged my life for a long time.

Now I only seem to get it in very loud, active places that give me anxiety like crowds, movie theaters, concerts, etc. It sucks but HOLY SHIT what an improvement.
>>
>>18098109
I let it ruin my life for two years. This guy has a good point. It's really not uncommon. It's just that most people have never heard of it, it's hard to explain, and you sound crazy trying to. It's important to remember that it has happened to people since the beginning of time. Famous people even, Kid Cudi, guy from Linkin park. You will both make it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.