[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding credible news

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5446.jpg (38KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5446.jpg
38KB, 231x346px
Does Michael Savage know what he's talking about?
>>
File: 48354001.cached.jpg (76KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
48354001.cached.jpg
76KB, 800x500px
>>18097728
Yes
>>
File: communist_doggo.jpg (40KB, 800x815px) Image search: [Google]
communist_doggo.jpg
40KB, 800x815px
I believe he does because of the welfare programs.
>>
File: 1375346605663.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1375346605663.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>18097728

The short answer is absolutely fucking not.

The long answer is there is no place these days for reliable news and everyone, including Michael Savage, knows that the more inflammatory, edgy, controversial, loud and boisterous you are the more coverage, attention and subsequent revenue you will receive.

Its also the best way to gain die-hard fans. Think Milo Yionnapolous, Tomi Lahren, Alex Jones etc.. All thesenpeople who receive weekly front page headlines not for their factual accuracy, valuable insight or fair interpretation of the truth, but merely the controversy of their words and not so much the actual content of the words themselves. People on one side take up arms to call them racists and bigots and insane and the other side takes up arms to argue the opposite.

Both sides end up dumping money into these people's pockets just on clicks, ad streams book deals alone. Meanwhile, I'd be surprised if Milo or Tomi or Alex actually believe any of the words they're saying.

They're modern day trolls. Michael Savage is another opportunist in the sense that he knows people are stupid, poor and scared enough to buy his horseshit "Scorched Earth" book and he doesn't need to bother relying on evidence, facts, numbers or logic. All he needs is rhetoric. All he needs is to provide angry people with a boogeyman; to make people scared into thinking that everyone else is lying to them and he is the truth.

Its quite ingenious if you really think about it. As long as the fear machine keeps rolling the money will as well. I wouldn't use the word "credible" to describe any polarizing figure in the news world.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.