[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys lying about their height?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1485288348284.jpg (481KB, 600x868px) Image search: [Google]
1485288348284.jpg
481KB, 600x868px
I'm struggling to understand if it's common or just my lack of luck, but a majority of the guys I've been meeting off OKC lie about their height. I don't list any requirements for matches on my profile and I truly don't care for height as long as the guy isn't shorter than me (I'm 5' 2"), so I'm starting to think guys just think I won't notice. But when I meet up with them and they're almost* eye level to me and they've listed their height as 5' 8", I just wonder how dumb they really think I am.
It's insanely frustrating, and not because I care about how tall they are, but because I feel like lying about height makes the guy questionable from the very beginning. It's a turn off.
Do you think my frustration is unreasonable? Should I ask them about it? I mean, I have looked at it from a different perspective, and I'm sure it feels as disappointing as if a woman were to lie about her weight/body type.
>>
I wouldn't ask them about it. It's going to be awkward and they will likely try to convince you that you're actually much taller than you are. (Speaking from experience as a tall girl who habitually "catches" guys lying about their height because that would make them taller than me instead of shorter.) Besides if a guy lies about it to that extent, obviously it's a sore point for him that I would just leave alone altogether.

As for the reasoning, they're afraid to be denied a chance, and they hope that when they get past the initial hurdle of meeting a woman, she is so taken with them that it's a non-issue.
Women also do skew their stats with the same reasoning. Or convincing themselves that they look thinner than they are but the guy will picture something worse if they give an accurate weight/description of their bodytype.
>>
>>18097693
I personally wouldn't lie, but I think women are very quick to deny a guy because of a number when if they had actually met everything could turn out fine. Women have the luxury of being picky online, even about unimportant things so they might very well put aside a great guy because he's not their ideal height.
>>
>>18097693
so wat i lie too. im 5'6 and i say im 5'7 (femanon)
>>
>>18097710
Why lol? Guys don't care, if anything you're scaring off short guys.
>>
>>18097708
>Women have the luxury of being picky online
[citation needed]
>>
>>18097727
Everyone knows guys online are thirsty af.
>>
>>18097729
everyone beside girls
>>
>>18097693
you know, it's pretty depressing when almost every single person ignores you because of some flaw. So that's the reason, but I don't think it's enough to lie.
>>
You made this thread last week. Go away.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.