[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people get better jobs? I'm 19 and stuck at a dead-end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Help Wanted.png (58KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
Help Wanted.png
58KB, 900x672px
How do people get better jobs?
I'm 19 and stuck at a dead-end managerial job making $9.50 an hour part time at a grocery store pulling gruelling 10 hour shifts.

I see all these other people making okay money for their ages just a few years older than me. It's not exactly "college grad" tier work and they don't necessarily have degrees.
But they're making $15+ an hour.

Obviously these jobs must exist but I don't know where to find them.
and I really hate knowing the fact that a pound of fish is worth more than an hour of my life.

How do I find better jobs? I hate these menial low-wage bullshit jobs that I keep finding. I'm working towards a degree now.
>>
>>18097270
>
raise your gpa higher than 3.6
>>
Skill and willingness to work. Im 20 and do carpentry. Never knew anything about it until a couple years ago, started doing odd labor jobs. Now I know some shit and can expect to make 15-16 at least. Not telling you to do this, just that you should pursue more skilled work in an area that interests you. And you don't need a degree, I've worked with plenty of college fucks that can't handle the simplest of tasks. Make yourself more useful, apply yourself, don't settle for wages below what you deserve
>>
Learn to fix computers.

There's a ton of bullshit to wade through but motherfuckers who will pay you a hundred bucks just to install drivers.
>>
>>18097385
That's what I'm trying to do. Well, I already know how to fix and use them. I want to be a systems administrator and focus on OpSec and InfoSec but I'm not quite there yet.
I've always been too intimidated to go into those mom-and-pop computer shops. I went into one once and the guy at the front desk was incredibly rude and autistic and practically told me to fuck off. It kinda turned me off of trying other places.

In the mean time I'm trying to get a position being a substitute technician for the school board.

>>18097283
Really made me think

>>18097341
/how/ did you get the positions though? Where do you go? I'm certainly willing to work and learn and I have a slight aptitude for mechanics as I work on my motorcycle all the time
>>
>>18097270

get into office work. start at the bottom and work up. generally speaking offices are all about promotions.

i started as a receptionist. now i run the entire business.

granted i moved up faster due to it being a small business, but you get the idea.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.