[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend who admittedly lives a fairly busy life was having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1486378707428.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486378707428.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
My friend who admittedly lives a fairly busy life was having a solid conversation with me but when I poured my heart out a bit when it was relevant and a response to a question they stopped responding.

I want to have better conversations with this friend and when they do this I feel like I did something wrong. What should I do?
>>
What did you say?
>>
>>18096932
What do you mean by pour your heart out?
>>
File: text.png (209KB, 709x953px) Image search: [Google]
text.png
209KB, 709x953px
>>18096933
>>18096934
I decided to go on my comp to edit and post the last few messages. The conversation was about a huge feeling of loneliness I had throughout last month and how it fucked me up.

Green is a mutual friend, purple is a girl who showed some interest in me but has left me in radio silence because she's "busy and has trouble getting back to people in socially acceptable times" but I digress.
>>
>>18096962

Seems pretty tame. Dont think it was anything you said. Probably just busy or didnt think it was necessary to reply.
>>
File: IMG_2730.jpg (36KB, 455x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2730.jpg
36KB, 455x186px
some people are just selfish asshats that use you to unload and then vanish since you aren't benefiting them anymore. they don't consider a (your) friendship a two-way-street.
basically, if that is a frequent occurence, cut them out
>>
>>18096987
At the time (and currently) I wanted to keep talking and their lack of response kinda hurt. If these were messages that didn't warrant a reply what should I do?
>>
>>18096996
That conversation lasted like 2 hours, on one hand it felt crummy how it was ended but on the other I have a friend who let me talk about things no one else cares about or understands for 2 hours.

I might be selfish in asking more from that if anything.
>>
bump, still would like help
>>
>>18096932
hey man if you want a dude to talk to id totally be up for a good convo once in a while like for real
>>
>>18097112
Hey are you still here?
>>
>>18097451
yea im still here.
>>
>>18097451
if you want you can add me on something and we can talk there
i need a friend too desu.
>>
>>18097749
Here's my throwaway email we could exchange info there if you want.

[email protected]
>>
>>18097798
yknow what lets just talk here
who gives a fuck desu this thread isnt going anywhere either way
>>
stop being needy
>>
>>18097856
How? Please tell me how.
>>
>>18097830
I've been checking this thread in and out of doing classwork, I'll be able to respond more later if you wanna shoot me an email.
>>
>>18096932
If you're not close to someone, don't pour your heart out. It's pitiful, and just makes people uncomfortable.

How autistic are you?
>>
>>18098112

I don't know man. You gotta realize that everyone in life is sad and alone and hoping that people will pay attention to them and understand them.
If you want people to like you, you should try to be that person that listens to others, takes an interest in them, and makes them feel special, instead of looking for people to make you feel special. In my experience if you take a genuine interest in other people and try to make them feel good (not to make yourself feel good and try to have 'ownership' over them or something) then they will gravitate towards you.

""If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."
>>
>>18098119
We know each other fairly well, they've said they considered me like a brother, I've never had anyone else say that, even my own flesh and blood brother used to deny that we were siblings until we were older.
>>
>>18098124
I think this is more than sound advice and something I should start doing more than I have but what about when I really just need someone to listen, an ear to hear what I may be going through? I have a lot pent up sometimes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.