[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dissapointing my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey, Anons, very serious question here.

I'm a senior in HS, graduating soon. My entire family has told me i'm going to college without a choice and they're so proud of me for getting educated.

Problem comes in ive never wanted to go to college. I dont want to live in debt to education monopolies my whole life, and i want to get out of Kentucky.

I honest to god want to enlist in the Coast Guard as a MES and go to Alaska. I don't want to go to college and then OCS like my family is making me, i just want to go enforce our federal laws on the seas, and go become a national park ranger or alaskan state trooper, or border patrolman once i get out.

My family will completely cut ties with me if i don't go to college though, and people keep telling me how awful the military is. Should i say my final goodbyes when i graduate and ship off to Cape May or should i do what they say and go to college?
>>
Dont do it if you dont want to. Join the military instead. Your cuck family can burn in hell.
>>
>>18096924
If you go and don't actually want to participate you will fuck up and fail or end up with some shit degree and hate your existence and create some sort of complex about the hole thing or get a good degree in something lucrative and still hate everything about it. Go find out all the info you need to enlist before hand and train and.whatever else needs to be done then go do it and tell your parents this is what you have done and your 5 year plan. Or sometime of plan like that it will be shitty at first but they will respect you...eventually. Whatever you do though don't just waste your parents money and go and be a van wilder doichebag guy. If you choose your own route you need to make plans for money/survival and all that and explain to your parents specifically so that they can't say you are just being irrational and reactionary, and when they see your goals all planned out they will be more likely to be supportive but even if they are not just say something like "that is disheartening bc... But I understand and have made my decision I am going to the __"
>>
>>18096943
Thank you
>>
>>18096944
Np. I was in a similar situation but was a "partier" and had no real plans but went to college bc I felt I had to right out of ha. It took my 7 years to finish a degree I actually gave a shit about.. I had at first just took some bs business degree plan then realized no one hires biz graduates for "administration" the degree was just a foot in the door and if you do well in your military pursuit that is often enough of a foot in the door to many different jobs and during the process of you come up with a education goal check out online classes at a state community college, and look up enlisted laws(many states like Texas for instance, have laws that protect your grades/attendance of you have to deploy that way you can continue your studies when you come back without being penalized)
>>
>>18096924
You could go to a community college.
>>
>>18096944
Also checkout CLEP testing which is nationally recognized you can test out of almost 2 year classes(basics) but depending on which school you apply to they want a certain grade on the test like if it's out of 5 an Ivy League wants a 4-5 but a state school might accept 3-5
>>
Just be aware that there's a 2 year wait list for enlistment in the coast guard.
>>
>>18096924
If you want to be a park ranger go for a degree in forestry. That way both parties will be pleased. Forestry has a pretty high employment rate as well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.