[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i improve my iq?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lowellturpin-article-web.jpg (32KB, 750x495px) Image search: [Google]
lowellturpin-article-web.jpg
32KB, 750x495px
i think im a fucking idiot
can i fix that?
>>
>>18096883
https://www.khanacademy.org/
>>
>>18096883

The fact that you acknowledge the issue suggests you probably aren't. Real idiots don't even realize they're idiots and it's only painful on other people.
>>
>>18096892
This senpai
>>
i acknowledge it as an issue cause i can compare myself to the people around me
most of my friends are fuckin smart. i feel really inferior to them in a way i cant even explain even though all we do 90% of the time is look at memes.
>>
>>18096905
Then stop looking at memes and study, read a ton. Expose yourself to more stuff. It's a life journey thing, your IQ is grounded in your childhood and genes but YES THERE IS room to improve (even by a lot)

most important takeaway is read a lot
>>
IQ isn't a static thing or something you're born and then stuck with forever. Every year in a western educational facility increases your IQ by 1-3 points.

IQ is also really stupid. It has no basis in actual psychology: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0382/3398d781543cd0edcf51f181074f4c3ff35b.pdf

>As we approach the centenary of the first practical intelligence test, there is still little scientific agreement about how human intelligence should be described, whether IQ tests actually measure it, and if they don’t, what they actually do measure.
aka there is no deep and sophisticated idea of intelligence and general mental ability that went into the design of the IQ test. With that in mind, I conclude that IQ does nothing but reflect your ability to solve puzzles of mathematical and logical nature in a short amount of time. Reading anything more into it is a stretch.
>>
Consider that some of the brightest minds of all time have been claimed to have serious mental issues and deficiencies, and then tell yourself that these labels matter.

They don't.

There is what is, and what isn't. What you can and can't make happen. Nothing more matters. If you don't feel knowledgeable enough, learn. If your memory sucks, train it.

Wouldn't matter if you were the smartest man in the world if you just sat on your ass all doing not thinking or doing anything, right?

Perhaps being an idiot gives you more of an advantage. You have more of a reason to try.
>>
>>18096883
You don't.
>>
>>18096892
not completely true. you might still be an idiot
>>
>>18097024
that cant answer any question in my post
>>
>>18097022
that last sentence
D E E P
E
E
P
>>
>>18096990
>Every year in a western educational facility increases your IQ by 1-3 points.
[citation needed], unless you're getting this from the fact that people further along in school have higher IQs which isn't because people get smarter as they progress through education, the dumb people just get culled.
>>
>>18097116
cannot provide proper source, saw it in an normie interview with some psychologist/neuroscientist from academia a few years ago.

a quick googling reveals this, it's from the last millenium though: http://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/schools/cas_sites/psych/pdf/critique_income_.pdf
>>
>>18096883
books, analyzing your own behavior (flaws) and then you tend to that

bretty much it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.