[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lied to my dad about my tuition. What do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Ancient Cistern.png (15KB, 253x222px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Cistern.png
15KB, 253x222px
Started studying engineering a few years ago, got depressed. Changed schools. Got into humanities.

When I got out of engineering school I called my mom mid-crisis to let her know i had done it and to tell her I was walking home to tell my dad. She told me she'd tell him, that he'd take it better coming from her. So I came home and went straight to my room to cry myself to sleep.

Of course things were too much for her and she backed down, didn't tell me, though. New school started and I got into antidepressants. Tried to OD on them so I could come clean to him when I found out mom hadn't told him. Didn't work. With each passing day things got harder. Never really told him.

Tomorrow's my graduation. I tried to tell him today, but mom took him to my sister's home on another city. That's when the message came: "I already told your dad about your career. Hes very sad, as I expected him to be. If he tells you anything, don't respond. I'll hanlde him"

They arrived an hour ago. He hasn't spoken to me. What do?
>>
>>18095946
Tell him you're sorry and that you couldn't bring yourself to tell him because you didn't want to disappoint him.
>>
>>18095946
Also: No member of my family knows about my clinical history: depression, general anxiety disorder and social phobia.

>>18095948
Thanks for responding. I know I have to tell him that. I plan on explaining my situation to him. I accknowlede that I failed him as his only son. I feel like shit.
>>
A little update:

He just went into my room with my mom and asked me why didn't I tell him sooner. Told him. He told me he supported my career choices, even though he looked dissapointed as fuck (naturally). Somehow I feel worse.

Thanks, /adv/.
>>
>>18095946
Don't be a little bitch and hide from your father. Accept your mistakes and take responsibility for your failures and grow. That's my advice.
>>
>>18096038
>and grow
Given that he acted like a top guy to me, his scumbag of a son, and forgave me. I now have to do this.

You guys think going back into mental institutions will do me good? I fear of being a pathological liar, or such. On monday I will call the local sanatory.
>>
>>18096036
Yo anon, you might feel worse now but on the long run it was the right thing to do (even though you took too long.) I don't know you or your dad but ultimately I'm sure he wants you to be happy, and if you show that changing careers was the way to do it he's bound to respect that eventually. Take care!
>>
>>18096051
>>18096051

Ease up on yourself, seriously. We all make mistakes. Stop trying to kill yourself over every one you get wrong.
>>
>>18095946
Your dad is fucking retarded and so are you to take his opinion in consideration.
Also you don't love him nor respect him enough to tell him simply what you want to do, you just fear him. Must be a shit dad.
I'd honestly stop giving a fuck about him completely if I were you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.