[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who dares, wins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: S.A.S_emblem.svg.png (104KB, 558x768px) Image search: [Google]
S.A.S_emblem.svg.png
104KB, 558x768px
Do you reckon that the best advice in life is "just go for it"?

Before our nations became weak, that's what we used to do.

Think about this; Westerners are no longer willing to put their lives on the line for anything. They'll whinge and moan for something, but they're not willing to endanger themselves.

Look at the third world. They ARE willing to take risks. They'll do anything to get a better life. They don't have the same FEAR that people in the West do.

I reckon that unless Westerners grow some balls, get tougher, and start taking risks again, then we'll be overrun by third worlders trying to migrate to our countries who don't have the same hang-ups that we do.

I'm right aren't I?
>>
File: 1374553315079.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1374553315079.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>18095440

>I'm right aren't I?

You aren't looking for advice, you're looking to stir up a nationalist shit-storm.

This thread belongs in >>>/pol/
>>
>>18095454

>Do you reckon that the best advice in life is "just go for it"?

Are you incapable of reading, or just fucking stupid?
>>
There's nothing to fight for anymore.
>>
>Do you reckon that the best advice in life is "just go for it"?
no, that's piss poor advice. humans have large complex brains and you're suggesting we'd be better off not using them for anything other than ignoring risks
>Before our nations became weak,
they haven't
>that's what we used to do.
no, it's not
>Think about this; Westerners are no longer willing to put their lives on the line for anything.
more people are in western militaries now than ever before.
>They'll whinge and moan for something, but they're not willing to endanger themselves.
what planet do you live on?
>Look at the third world. They ARE willing to take risks. They'll do anything to get a better life. They don't have the same FEAR that people in the West do.
If you were right, which you aren't, would you say it's been working out great for them so far?
>I reckon that unless Westerners grow some balls, get tougher, and start taking risks again, then we'll be overrun by third worlders trying to migrate to our countries who don't have the same hang-ups that we do.
it does not matter to me at all if my neighbor who succeeds or fails at life is an immigrant.
>I'm right aren't I?
no
>>
>>18095515

In general though do you think "just go for it" is the best advice?

I was only trying to illustrate a point with reference to the third world

The picture I used is ALSO meant to illustrate a point - if you're not familiar, it's the crest of the SAS (Special Air Service), perhaps one of the most famous, and elite, infantry units of the British army.

As you can see, their motto is "who dares wins"

Do you think that's good advice in life?
>>
>>18095528
>no, that's piss poor advice. humans have large complex brains and you're suggesting we'd be better off not using them for anything other than ignoring risks
Okay focus on the picture I posted, the crest of the SAS, with their motto "who dares wins"

Do you think *that's* good advice?
>>
>>18095440
Life is much more complicated than you suggest. Your
>just go for it
is just one advice good enough for people who are held back by anxiety.

But sometimes you actually need to slow down and think to "win".

>put their lives on the line for anything
You are saying it like it is good thing to die in meaningliness war so a minority gets even more money and power.

>>>/pol/ is your target audience

>>18095539
>who dares wins
Same case.
>>
>>18095533
the SAS and it's motto exist to get dumb young men to take risks that are not in their best interest. No organization that is happy to send you to jail for disobeying an order from your surperior says who dares wins sincerely. It's effective for some parts of the military but not for single individuals or societies.
>>
>>18095544
>You are saying it like it is good thing to die in meaningliness war so a minority gets even more money and power.
No I'm saying that sometimes you have to take a risk, or be willing to experience pain, in order to get something good.

For example, working a job. Working isn't necessarily enjoyable. But you do it to earn money.

Or standing up for yourself to a bully (which clearly you have never done). You have to stand your ground and yes, you might get hit, and that's a risk you have to take.

It's a shame that you've clearly never taken any sort of ballsy decision before.

>>18095553
>i am le so superior
Great

Tell me this, do you think people who are successful in business never took any risks in their lives?
>>
>>18095563
>Tell me this, do you think people who are successful in business never took any risks in their lives?
the poorest people I know take the most risks and the richest people were born rich and became successful by never doing anything risky. the word risk does not mean "thing that is likely to work out in your favor." that someone took a risk and became wildly successful does not mean that many other people that took that risk didn't fail.
>>
>>18095487

>Are you incapable of reading, or just fucking stupid?

I'm capable of seeing a rhetorical question masquerading as /pol/ bait when I see it, fuckstick. Don't fucking play dumb, you know exactly what you were trying to do and so do I.
>>
>>18095604
>the poorest people I know take the most risks and the richest people were born rich and became successful by never doing anything risky. the word risk does not mean "thing that is likely to work out in your favor." that someone took a risk and became wildly successful does not mean that many other people that took that risk didn't fail.
I agree with everything you say, but I also think that anybody who is successful has taken a risk or two (calculated risks sure, but they still took a couple risks). I don't think it's possible to be successful without taking risks.

And obviously, the business failures that you mention, they still learned from their experiences. If you never take that risk though, you never learn.

Obviously you shouldn't take stupid risks. But calculated risks, I would say, are essential for any form of success.
>>
>>18095563
You managed to to ignore half of my post and sort of did "ad hominem" argument.
>working job
Did you just assume I am neet? Wrong.

Your motto isnt wrong or bad, but it isnt solving problems miracle either and your thread is confusing at best. What are you trying to say and what do you expect from /adv/ to tell you??
>>
>>18095623
I'm asking a question

I have deliberately tried to avoid /pol/ stuff in my other responses in this thread because I mainly wanted to focus on the issue of taking calculated risks / giving things your all
>>
File: 1478641578425.gif (2MB, 335x222px) Image search: [Google]
1478641578425.gif
2MB, 335x222px
>>18095440
>Before our nations became weak, that's what we used to do.
Said nations are still the most powerful nations in the world

>Think about this; Westerners are no longer willing to put their lives on the line for anything. They'll whinge and moan for something, but they're not willing to endanger themselves.

Oh but they do. They have a nice easy cotton bed to fall back on, but don't confuse them living comfortably with being cowards. There's not much to risk these days.

>They'll do anything to get a better life. They don't have the same FEAR that people in the West do.

This is out of desperation. See they're pushed to these extremes because they don't have this lifestyle. If they did, then they be as laid back as many westerners. The reason they shoot for a better life is because they DO fear the life they live.
>>
>>18095636

>I have deliberately tried to avoid /pol/ stuff in my other responses in this thread because I mainly wanted to focus on the issue of taking calculated risks / giving things your all

Of course, you wanted to avoid the /pol/ stuff and just focus on the question, which is why you just so happened to include that unrelated nationalist rant about western society being overrun by immigrants, right?
>>
>>18095628
>Did you just assume I am neet?
No, I used an example to illustrate my point. I actually assumed the complete opposite - I was assuming you'd be able to relate to having a job, and the idea that you don't get anything in life without making some sort of sacrifice.

>>18095648
>Said nations are still the most powerful nations in the world
For now. China's economy has overtaken every single big economy in Europe in only the last 10 years or so.

>Oh but they do. They have a nice easy cotton bed to fall back on, but don't confuse them living comfortably with being cowards.
I'm not saying *everybody* is a coward, obviously military people, and people working in other demanding environments, are not cowards.

But I think millennials, in general, are more soft than previous generations; then again I guess EVERY generation is softer than previous ones.

I am just generally asking the question of whether "who dares wins" and "just go for it" (or maybe, as Nike would say, "just do it") are good mottos

I guess what I have learned from this thread is "sometimes risks are good, yes, but don't take stupid ones"

>>18095649
It's relevant to the question which is why I mentioned it

You don't have to get your knickers in a twist over it

If you would like to, then focus on the picture I posted, which is also supposed to support the point I am making; the SAS are one of the elite infantry regiments of the British Army, probably the most elite, and their motto is "who dares wins".

Basically, if you want any success in life, you have to take a bit of a risk don't you? You have to be willing to put in effort, to put in legwork, to do something that others aren't doing.
>>
>>18095693
>China's economy has overtaken every single big economy in Europe in only the last 10 years or so.
wages in china haven't, so who gives a shit
>I am just generally asking the question of whether "who dares wins" and "just go for it" (or maybe, as Nike would say, "just do it") are good mottos
and the answer you've been given is no.
>I guess what I have learned from this thread is "sometimes risks are good, yes, but don't take stupid ones"
that's not what you learned, that's what you said.
>the SAS are one of the elite infantry regiments of the British Army, probably the most elite, and their motto is "who dares wins".
nobody gives a shit.
>Basically, if you want any success in life, you have to take a bit of a risk don't you?
not if you're lucky enough
>You have to be willing to put in effort, to put in legwork, to do something that others aren't doing.
and it still might all make your life worse.
>>
>>18095723
>wages in china haven't, so who gives a shit

"China has more money" means China has more billionaires sitting in it - the same thing as California. They have Apple, and big clothing brands, and lots of commodities. Great news for the government and their cronies.
>>
>>18095723
>nobody gives a shit.
Yeah sure let's just dissolve the army and let ISIS come over here and blow us up
>>
>>18095747
>Yeah sure let's just dissolve the army and let ISIS come over here and blow us up
if the military had not murdered so many people over there there would be no ISIS. Western actions in the middle east for the last 50 years are an example of a risks that turned out very poorly. Afghanistan could've been just another ex-soviet republic but instead we got 9/11.
>>
>>18095747
go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>18095760
Stop trolling

>>18095765
I'm disappointed that the example I used in the OP has caused such butthurt, because really I wanted to focus on the issue of daring and taking risks.

Here are some successful people; please tell me if you think they never dared, they never jumped at something, they never took a leap of faith, they never pushed themselves, they never took a risk:

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Warren Buffett
Mark Zuckerberg
Lenin
Barack Obama
Donald Trump
Matt Damon
George Clooney
Etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.