[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Helping someone working on a media project at their request.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: incredulous patsy.png (270KB, 287x403px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous patsy.png
270KB, 287x403px
>Helping someone working on a media project at their request.
>Every single time I try to give criticism or suggest alternatives I am shot down or ignored.

How do you deal with a situation like this when you want this person to succeed? How do you convince them that they need to understand compromise and at least discuss other possibilities?
>>
>>18095312

if its their project, and they have a specific job it sucks, but soemtimes its about doing what THEY want.

i have a friend who wants to enter a horror movie contest thing, and i dont like a lot of his ideas. they're very him, which is awesome, but not very marketable, which is bad.

but at some point i realized winning isn't as important as just making something you want. and sometimes thats worth more, not just because they get what they want, but also because they learn what they did wrong if they need to.

just a thought.
>>
>>18095315
It's more about that they want me to help them and drag me into helping them, but get offended if I try to do anything. They get annoyed at thoughtless praise but shut down when confronted on anything.

Everyone else they could reach out to has long since given the fuck up on helping them, so it's hard to just let it go and let them wallow.
>>
>>18095333

if ur willing to do what they ask, nothing more nothing less, than go for it. if not, as seems to be the case, then leave and let them wallow.

or C) confront them about it, then circle back to B when that fails.

ur call.
>>
>>18095342
They only ask for input. Which they don't use.
If I could just help in a material way I would, believe me, and I would have walked away long ago if they didn't try to keep bringing me in as their consultant.
>>
File: cringe.png (62KB, 1160x736px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
62KB, 1160x736px
>>18095350

oh wow, no thats bad, id axe it. i had a friend that insisted i read his 120 page screenplay and asked for notes. he was gravely offended by every note i had, even though my summation was

>the movie and structure is great as is, you just need to punch up a few individual issues

would not have it. and i was being pretty nice about it.

pic related was what he wrote (in third person) for his own kickstarter campaign
>>
>>18095358
>Crowdfunding to pay a guy to make a budget.
Haha.

But thank you, your feedback has been helpful.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.