[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normal to think like this with aspergers?=

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

'Sup /adv/!

21 year old male, got diagnosed with some form of autism at an early age which eventually was pinned down to aspergers syndrome. Now as a kid I had a ton of trouble and I attended special education until I went to college. Nowadays I got all of the major issues under control and pretty much fit into "normal" society, almost finished my studies, got a side job, have a good amount of friends and even date with girls now and then.

Hope I can explain this well enough btw and sorry for the wall of text.

But one thing I just can't seem to let go off is a certain process of thought. You see, whenever I'm alone and not too busy I will just start rehashing en preparing conversations in my head. It's not truly talking but more akin to guessing how my conversation partner would react during certain conversations or what the best way to tell something would be.

None of these conversations have really taken place, they're like the idea or vision of a conversation I would like to have in the future. Typical "conversations" would be how I could best tell a girl I'm seeing I really like her and how I truly admire some of her traits, how I should comfort and help a friend I've lost contact with a long time ago and of who I knew had a lot of social issues. Sometimes I'm not imagining having a convo with an actual person I know but people I would like to meet, for example I'm going on a big trip in half a year or so and I will just prepare what I would tell locals about myself and my country once I meet them.

I'm really not sure if this is considered normal, some other people on the spectrum have told me they do similar things but I also read that this could be leaning towards schizophrenia? I don't hear voices or truly talk to myself though, its more like I'm playing these convos in my mind.

A lot of thanks for reading all this!

Also I might switch to my phone in a bit.
>>
>>18095105
I also like to preload conversations in case I ever end up in a certain circumstance. I've never been diagnosed. Should I also be concerned?
>>
Honestly aspergers is a meme. I had practically all of the symptoms as a kid. Right down to the textbook "playing with the wheels of the toy car rather than the car itself."

I was pretty "weird" for a kid, but I also have a really high IQ so my development was just abnormal. I'm not a retard, and if you can fit in and understand social interactions you're not an aspie either. Forget about the fucking diagnosis if it doesn't help you my brother.
>>
>>18095622
This 100%.

>>18095105
>>18095600

You're not strange or weird or even unique. You're a human bean and "aspergers" is nothing more than a good reason to keep you and your parents paying big pharma money for your entire life.

We all do this stuff and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise... and take responsibility for being a NEET or a douche or a socially ignorant fool, whatever the case may be. Don't use 'muh spergers' as an excuse to not grow up.
>>
If you're completely conscious and in control of the voices, it's not schizophrenia. That would be voices you cannot control talking to you.

It just sounds like you're overthinking potential conversations. Maybe you're fantasizing a bit too much about conversations instead of actually having them?
>>
I do almost the same thing, but I actually verbally voice my thoughts out loud, like I'm explaining some concept to someone, or even if I get upset and want to vent about something.

It gets incredibly awkward when somebody overhears and I temporarily look like I'm nuts. It's a bad habit and I'm trying to break it.
>>
>>18095622
>Right down to the textbook "playing with the wheels of the toy car rather than the car itself."

WHO IS WRITING THESE TEXTBOOKS?!

Honestly! Do we know if it's not just the researcher than has aspergers? It seems like everything is just grounds for having some crippling mental disorder/deficiency. So a kids playing with some fucking wheels, big whoop. There are people that get paid to do that shit. Let him be a fucking kid man, shit.

"Oh no, he wants to know how something works instead of just embracing it! He doesn't have ADHD! He'll figure out our government conspiracies! RUN!"

Fucking. Fuck. Just live the lives.
>>
>>18095105
I'm completely "normsl" in the sense that I've never been diagnosed or checked for anything.

I talk to myself and have discussions like that in my head all the time. Maybe not to your extent. But I do have discussions between a hypothetical other person and myself.

I also used to practice facial expressions in the mirror when I was young and I'm pretty good at using my face to communicate for humour or understanding or attentivenes etc.

I think it's normal enough. Maybe your conversations are different to mine, but I definitely have a constant inner monologue with the occasional conversation.

I just realised I very actively do this before making a phone call. Every single time.
>>
>>18095738
Oh, my point with the facial expressions part is that... People are weird. Autism or not.
>>
>>18095688
Everything is seen as a pathology by a sick diagnostician. I can't remember the name at the moment, but there's a personality disorder where one is considered to normal and obsessed with Trends and normal things like that
>>
>>18095105
>I'm really not sure if this is considered normal

i do this and i dont have Aspergers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.