[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GED or Super Senior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6238.jpg (62KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6238.jpg
62KB, 480x368px
So /adv/, this is my first time posting on this board so i'm not sure if this gets posted a lot so don't crucify me. I fucked up my senior year and failed both semesters because of lack of attendance due to my social anxiety getting worse. Is a GED with my name on it really that worse than my transcript saying I failed senior year? Do you think colleges and workplaces would even care that much because I didn't carry out my senior year? I just really don't want to fuck the rest of my life up because my life's going through one bump in the road.
>>
>>18094874
Get your GED.
>>
>>18094879
Why?
>>
In my opinion, i think it would be better to super senior it, i think most people could agree that noticing you fucked up (especially senior year since its supposed to be decently fun and college bound) going back and fixing what you messed up would be better.... hopefully you got good grades soph/jr year, it would help alot, just dont expect A UC or yale or anything.... for sure you can get into a university though... Good luck op
>>
GED definitely looks better than a failing transcript unless you have solid work experience to back you up on future applications. You're more likely to see "High school diploma or GED" as a job listing requirement than a workplace asking for someone too prideful to finish their education because of a stigma against GEDs.

Basically, you need something that shows you overcame the issues that fucked up your senior year. Either a GED or a solid recommendation from a post-high school job will do, but it's gotta be something.
>>
>>18094879
A GED just says you messed up and can take a test, Super Sr. Is better imo
>>
>>18094898
People get their GED for various reasons. It doesn't automatically mean you messed up.
>>
>>18094897
OP here, so as long as I get my GED and check into a community college and get back on track with my education, I should be good for the most part?
>>
You're not getting into any decent colleges with that type of diploma or a GED

However both will let you into community college and you can transfer from there

no clue if you just want employment
>>
>>18094907
with your GED you're still going to need ACT/SAT/some form of standarized placement testing even for community college.

If you're really serious about fixing your education just go back to highschool.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.