[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a girl alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485474574843.png (250KB, 481x631px) Image search: [Google]
1485474574843.png
250KB, 481x631px
How do I pull this girl aside and ask her out?
She is always with other friends and is never alone. I want to catch her when she's by herself and ask her out but I feel like saying "can I talk to you for a minute" is weird and awkward in front of her friends at uni.
It's gotten to the point where I want to ask her over text even though I 100% know this is a bad idea but just sitting here waiting for a small chance of a window spawning is even worse.

About a month ago I caught her in the hallway and asked her out and said when she's a bit more comfortable she'd take me on my offer. I wouldn't ask her a second time unless I'm 95% sure she actually has a thing for me and I know she does. I can list details if anyone doubts me but that isn't what the thread is about. I feel like I'll never get another golden opportunity to catch her alone so I can ask her out and like I mentioned above I'm contemplating doing it over text.
>>
Just approach her and ask her if she has a minute, then walk a few steps away from her group. Stalking her and waiting for her to be alone just to talk to her is... well a little pathetic.
>>
>>18094865
This is just one of those situations where you have to just go for it. You're going to miss your window while she moves on to someone that doesn't care if her friends are around or not.
>>
>>18094873
I'm not stalking her, not sure what gave you that impression but I'm genuinely not. I'm friends with her and her other friends.

I guess I fucked up in explaining it properly. When I said "her friend group" I'm included in it. Meaning as a group we are collectively always together throughout the day, except a couple of classes. So I guess my question is how do I break her apart from our own friend group? I feel like if we were all together and I randomly said "hey K can I talk to you" and walked out of the room that would cause the others to say "that's weird" and such. the others don't know I'm attracted to this person.

>>18094877
I've committed myself into asking her sometime between this Monday and Wednesday. I just don't know the exact wording of the question I should ask.
Do I say "can I talk with you for a minute outside"?
I know I'm overthinking things but it helps for me to have a "script" and know what I'm going to ask and how to say it. If I just try and be natural I'm afraid I'll say something like "can I ask you a question" which would be a pretty big allusion if I have to ask it out of the room.
>>
>>18094901
Stop overthinking it, it doesn't help you to have a script, it will only make you anxious. Because you're trying to make a script you sit here and worry about pointless shit instead of asking her out. Just tell her to come with you for a minute, what's the big deal? Maybe some people will find it weird, maybe they won't. Most likely they won't give a shit. Why do you even care so much?
>>
>>18094901
Asking her to talk away from her friends, in front of her friends, is only going to draw more attention to what you're trying to do. They'll already know what's going on. Just ask her regardless of who's around. Be casual about it, because you're being very weird. "Hey, are you busy on ___? Want to go to ___ with me?" If you mean "ask her out" as in becoming her boyfriend, that's going to be really goddamn weird if you haven't even dated or spent much time together as friends. I'd politely turn you down.
>>
>>18094930
I wouldn't even call it a script because it would only be one line that I'd remember. I'd ask her out naturally and without a "script" but asking her to talk in private in front of people gives me the anxiety. I know overthinking it is bad but just leaving everything up in the air makes me more nervous.

>>18094939
I know where you're coming from but there is no way I'm going to ask her on a date in front of everybody. 1. it would be awkward as fuck since not only the friend group but everybody else in the room would hear it and 2. having all the attention suddenly be on her to answer would make her extremely nervous.
>>
>>18094979
>I know where you're coming from but there is no way I'm going to ask her on a date in front of everybody.
Then your only option is to text her. Because asking her to come away from her friend group to talk privately is still going to put all the attention on both of you, so the result will still be the same.
>>
>>18094994
I wish it didn't have to come to texting.
I mean I asked her out in person once before, so I have grounds to do it over text the next time right?
>>
>>18094865
They main reason girls are never alone is for safety reasons man. Just be upfront.
>>
>>18094865
Have you even made out yet
>>
>>18095082
>I mean I asked her out in person once before, so I have grounds to do it over text the next time right?
I don't want to make a >current year joke, because those sucks, but people these days are very reliant on technology for socializing. It's not a big deal, it doesn't make it less special, and you'll be able to ask (and in turn, she can answer) without pressure.
>>
>>18095317
With her? No. I have made out with one other person though and it developed into a FWB that is no longer active.

>>18095343
That's a good point. Shit I think I'm actually going to do it. Would this suffice:
>Hey you wanna see [La La Land or Logan] this Saturday night?
I've got a handle of Vodka for dat rejection text.
>>
>>18094979
>leaving everything up in the air makes me more nervous.
Yes, because you're not used to it. If you force yourself to be spontaneous in this kind of situations it will eventually become easy and natural. Becoming anxious because of these things and feeling a need to plan them is usually seen as weakness and shyness. It's acceptable when you're a teenager or a young adult, but you don't want to be a 30 years old man with this issue.
>>
>>18095405
I know more exposure is needed to combat this. I was trying Tinder to try and get more exposure without real consequences and shortly after I met this girl (not from Tinder) and kinda dropped Tinder altogether. I really like this girl so I don't want to blow it, but recognize this caution is a double edged sword.
>usually seen as weakness and shyness
I used to be that scrawny beta cuck but within the past year have been changing my ways and gaining a newfound confidence. Unfortunately this seems to be the remnants of my past self still ingrained in my brain. Like you said being a 30 year old beta is a walking disgrace to civilization, so I'm fixing it now at 21.

If shit falls through I'll get back in the Tinder game
>>
File: 1469315264238.jpg (314KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1469315264238.jpg
314KB, 1456x2592px
>>18095368
I sent it
been waiting for a couple of minutes for the reply
>trying to occupy myself on /adv/ and pretend I can carry on and not obsess with it
kill me, I can feel every passing second of time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.