[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What disorder do I have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: agoraphobia_by_xagamus.jpg (313KB, 1500x1190px) Image search: [Google]
agoraphobia_by_xagamus.jpg
313KB, 1500x1190px
I have this really weird condition. I can't leave my room. I've sat on my deskchair for hours trying to muster the ability to leave.

I want to go to the kitchen to bake some cookies. I want to go out tonight to meet up with some people. And I can't seem to leave my desk.

It's weird, the longer I plan to leave my room the harder it is to leave my chair. I can leave to go to the bathroom. I can just about leave for a shower (although that takes a few hours at time). It's excruciatingly hard to leave for anything longer. I sometimes skip food for a day because I couldn't go to the supermarket. I sometimes store some food in my room so I don't starve.

I sometimes manage to fool myself into action. I tell myself I'm just going to fold a towel at the other edge of my chair. that sometimes gives me just enough momentum to get dressed, to do something.

It's fucked up and I don't know what to do about it. It's not agoraphobia, because I'm actually quite happy once I'm out of the house.

Anybody know what it could be?
>>
>>18094471
Catatonic? Extreme fear? Agoraphobia?

Maybe you don't have a "disorder" maybe you just had something happen to you or did something that you haven't yet accepted/resolved. I was that way for months bc of drugs and didn't connect the dots until months later and when I quit drugs and started taking care of myself more it went away and then I just had general social anxiety which is completely normal which went away after a little bit of hangout out
>>
>>18094471
Hikikomori comest to mind. You know, that's the way they call those japanese people who never leave their rooms running away from societal pressures and human interaction? Look it up
>>
That's called severe clinical depression.

People get the symptoms of depression completely wrong - a depressed person might *never* feel "sad", sadness isn't a direct part of it. Depressed does not mean "very sad".

What depression actually is is a lack of neurotransmitters decreasing feelings such as reward and motivation, enough so that you might feel alright once you actually do something you want to do, bit the fight to convince yourself of doing it is nearly insurmountable.

Depression is a lack of drive.
And it looks like you're depressed.
The solution is to see your doctor.
>>
What do you do when you're on your deskchair? Play games? Browse the computer all day? Maybe internet/game addiction might have something to do with it. When it got pretty bad for me I could barely leave for the bathroom, and whenever something made me leave the room I felt irritated
>>
>>18094471
Your situation is similar to something that happened to me, i got it solved taking some vitamins for the brain, apparently my brain wasn't producing all the hormones that it needed to work properly because it lacked the vitamins needed to elaborate them
>>
Fuckin idiots
Years ago this would be regarded as laziness
Fuck off with your "everything is a disorder pls give me attention" shit off this board.
>>
>>18094486

That sounds... intriguing. I will definitely look into that. I hope that will do it. My life is slowly crumbling because I can't keep it all together anymore. It needs to change.

>>18094499

No, I don't think that's it. While I mostly just play games and browse the internet I am actually happy when I'm out.

the oddest thing, skyping with someone, or having someone present really helps. a friend of mine talked to me and I actually got my clothes on and if I stop responding it's because I actually got out of the bloody house.
>>
>>18094504

which vitamins are those? Omega 3?
>>
>>18094532
>Years ago this would be regarded as laziness
Good thing people know better now than to regard everything as laziness
>>
>>18094544
omega 3 aren't even vitamins. Also, there's plenty of it in any normal food
>>
>>18094544
B group vitamins and gingseng with some acid shit
>>
I know those feelings, but much less extreme and it's better now... Still have to push myself o to do things. The worst thing is getting up at normal time, it seems so hard
>>
>>18094471
What do you feel when this happens, Anon?
Is it some kind of anxiety, apprehension or other emotion?

I used (and sometimes still do) feel completely demotivated when I have to leave my desk sometimes. I feel like I just want to keep myself safe in there. I sometimes try to convince myself it's no big deal.

I feel like it isn't some form of laziness, but rather a form of agoraphobia though. What does it feel like to you?
>>
>>18094471
Phobia. You are afraid.
You'll probably think that make's no sense, since there isn't much to be afraid of, and you're right about that. But that doesn't mean you aren't afraid. Your room is like an egg, or a womb. Comforting. Safe. Away from danger.
This is all maya. There is nothing to eally be afraid about, and when you realize that you'll see how ridiculous you're behaving. It's not an irreversible condition like substantial physiological changes. It's hardly a condition at all, but rather a circumstance that you yourself fabricated and then spend time justifying because the truth is simpler and more painful than your fantasy condition.

>I sometimes manage to fool myself into action
You fool yourself into not doing action. I don't see how this is important.
>>
You picking this imagine for your post tells me enough, why would you need the specifics
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.