[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncertainty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /adv/,

I am a 19 year old guy who has finished school and gone into a fairly well-paying job with good opportunities. I have been in a happy relationship for 2 years now, I have a small but close group of friends and I have some big plans this year with holidays and other things.

Overall I am on track for achieving everything my parents wanted for me and that you're 'supposed' to do in life.

And yet despite this, since finishing school and with a lot of people I used to know moving on with their lives, I'm left feeling unfulfilled and and daunted by the prospect of the rest of my life being this way. I feel no excitement for things that I do anymore, ranging from feeling nothing on Christmas morning to not feeling anything any excitement to going on holiday in a couple of days.

I'm left feeling as if I have no purpose, and feeling numb to all sources of entertainment.

The only saving grace is my girlfriend who has been supportive of me and understands how low I've been feeling.

So I'm asking for any advice from anyone who may be going through the same thing or would know how I can bring back some purpose and happiness into my life.
>>
>>18094422

What country do you live in?

International travel has been a big thing for keeping me motivated. I haven't celebrated any holidays in years, I have no relationship with my family, I have no girlfriend. Career wise I have a decent paying job and I just made a switch to go on a new career track that I am very passionate about. But even still, I feel very bored in my life. The only thing that keeps me going is I'll take a vacation by myself overseas every year which completely clears my head. I'm going to northern France in June, it seems too far away and it's hard to think about it now. But I know once I'm there and even once I come back home, I'll feel refreshed
>>
>>18094447
I live in England not too far from London.

Travelling has always been a big part of my life, and in the past was always the biggest thing I looked forward too - and at the risk of sounding ungrateful, but all the travelling I was taken on with my family and the trips I have gone on with friends has meant that travelling has become neutral to me alongside everything else, which I would say is one of the biggest things contributing to my problem

However I have not tried travelling alone - and it is definitely something I will look into
>>
What do you hope to achieve in your life? What goals do you have? The best cure for what you're feeling is having goals and working towards them - it's extremely satisfying and self fulfilling
>>
>>18094476

Traveling alone is totally different. Because it's really just you. No pressure to do anything. Literally you can do whatever you want whenever you want. Plus, your mind is more active because you have to figure everything out yourself without relying on someone else. So it's actually a really interesting experience
>>
>>18094480

Unfortunately another part of the problem, I have no real aspirations of interests. My numbness to things extends to not feeling particularly interested in anything. I have complete indifference to everything ranging from politics to sport, I just don't FEEL particularly inclined to anything and that becomes a problem in terms of motivation.

However a goal of mine which I could start actively pursuing is to run a business of my own, but that brings me back to the problem of what area I would go into as again.. No interests
>>
>>18094422
I feel the same way, along the road i realize what i really wanted is what i have already. I am married for 2 yrs already and it feels like i accomplished all i want, i am happy with it, happy but also empty.
I recently found that things you do on a daily basis can be revisited next time as a challenge and you treat these things like a game. You'll have to agree that everyone likes to play games.
>>
>>18094487

I'll definitely look into a weekend away on my own - a good suggestion thank you very much
>>
>>18094507

An interesting approach, I'll try to see some of the things I do daily as more of a task to be completed and hopefully that will help
>>
>>18094422
Life is long and unpredictable. Things will change in ways you can't anticipate, and it will never be the same. You don't have to think about 20 years down the line, bc not only is your life is going to be totally different by then, but you'll be a totally different person, too.

When looking too far in the future is daunting, the best thing to do is focus only on today. How can you live the best you can today? Be the most loving? Help the most people? Challenge fear? Be more honest? If you spend your life anxious about the future and not focusing on today, time will slip away and you'll do the whole 'never started to live' shtick.
>>
>>18094599

A very good point and a good outlook on it - I can only agree with you as recently I've been seeing photos of myself when I was younger (from 6 months ago to 6 years ago) and reliving a lot of memories and it really feels as if that was a completely different person, so I could only wonder what things will be like in 20 years, if I am so lucky as to live that long.

Focusing on today is a good idea and I will definitely keep that in mind and see where that gets me. Thank you
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.