[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. My parents are strictly,, and I mean, strictly religious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2914.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2914.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
I need help. My parents are strictly,, and I mean, strictly religious. I've been putting up an act to them since I was a kid, but I just can't anymore. I love them, I really do, but I don't share their beliefs. I'm so scared, and I know I won't be forgiven if I came out to them. I'm also bisexual. I can't put up with this, and it seems like I keep blowing my cover every day. I'm also in an a long-distance relationship with a gay man. Don't have enough money to move out, it makes me want to kill myself. I know it's pathetic, but am I overreacting? Your stories? That would help a lot. :/
>>
>>18094329
How old are you?

I'm facing a similar situation but rather I'm 0% religious while my parents are religious Muslims. I can never leave home unless I decide to get married and get trapped in my husbands home until he dies, or if I choose to run away. There's no other option for myself. It's depressing but nothing else for myself to do.

If you're still a minor, you could perhaps get the help of a shelter or if not, earn money and save up for at least 3 months of rent elsewhere.
>>
>>18094378
God, same here. It's really hard. I'll see if I can find any sort of shelter. I've had thoughts about running away as well, but where would I go? I'm sorry you have to go through that, anon.
>>
>>18094451
Don't worry about it. If you live in a fairly developed country, then I'm sure there are shelters for people who feel unsafe in their homes.
>>
Before you tell them the truth about everything, you need to gain your financial independence. Until then, they have you by the balls with that "not in MY house" bs.

Once you're completely financially independent, you can tell them how you really feel and live your life how you want to.
>>
>>18094458
>>18094472
Thank you. Means a lot. But, I understand that I.l have to be able to make my own living to do anything major, like moving out and stuff, but living a double life; I keep blowing my cover. They're suspecting something from me, and I can't bring myself to commit to pretending. My older sister, now 30 or so, did the same as you said. She reached 18 and left home, telling my parents how she felt. They were heartbroken apparently and keep reminding me not to do the same. It's just frustrating, gah I'm ranting
>>
>>18094481
Your parents can't control how you live your life. Your sister was right to do what she did. They raised you, but you are an adult now, and it's time for you to do what YOU feel is right. Tell them you love them, but you have to make your own path.
>>
>>18094484
I know. But anon, tell me more about your experience. I want to help too
>>
Thanks, by the way. It feels good to vent. Thanks so much.
>>
>>18094329
Once you move out you don't have to tell them anything. Just be sure to establish legitimate boundaries, deflect any too-personal questions and get on with your life.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.