[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parent refuse to provide documents for college financial aid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0187.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My parent refuse to provide documents for my college financial aid. I know they want something like money or me moving back to their house. Im really done with my parent at this point. I just need a proof of food stamp paper that my parent received from 2015. Do you guys think theres any ways to get the document from them? I asked the social worker and she told me that i have to bring one of my parent or i have to be included in the food stamp list. I havent talk to anyone else except my boyfriend. Should i talk to the financial aid advisor.. im afraid what is going to happen
>>
>>18093314
hey I'm filling out my financial aid stuff too! I can't help with your issue but just wanted to wish you luck.
>>
I was in a similar situation. There is a thing called a "dependency override". Basically if you were emancipated as a minor, or were a ward of the state as a minor and you can now prove you live on your own self-sufficiently you can fill out a FAFSA without them. If you've been in counseling at all for the situation with your parents a letter from your counselor might work as well. It's a bitch and a half. Go to your school's financial aid department. A lot of them are useless so talk to more than one person about a dependency override. It's a real thing, hopefully someone will be able to help you. If you don't qualify however, you are FUCKED for financial aid. At that point you will have to join the military or pay out of pocket somehow.
>>
>>18093314
why are you saying you live with them if you live with your boyfriend? why cant you open a separate food stamps account under your name and get the documents you need easier?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.