[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Raped my Bank Account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: nigga holding a wallet.jpg (30KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
nigga holding a wallet.jpg
30KB, 600x375px
Hey /adv/, blindfag here
I have a degenerative condition that will leave me blind within a decade or so

I made the horrible mistake of going to college
Tuition, Books, Supplies + Fees are paid for by a state organization
Housing + Rent are up to my loans

Unfortunately, the school fucked up and applied my loans to the tuition + fees before the state could pay for it
Which means I was stuck paying for a huge chunk of the housing payments

Unfortunately, I don't make enough fucking money a month to pay next month's payment
I just spent more than I get in an entire month on one half-payment alone
Even considering what I have now ($472) plus what I'll get next month ($735) I'll still have $60+ dollars to pay down, on top of what bills I have to pay, medical expenses for my therapy, my medicine for my bipolar, my weed so I can even see, etc.

What in all of the fucking fuck do I do, /adv/?
>>
>>18093143
To clarify, the money from the state can ONLY go towards tuition + fees, so the money that otherwise would have covered my ass just fine is just floating in the ether

The university refuses to do jack shit about their fucking mistake and basically told me to go fuck myself when I said I wanted to speak to someone in charge
>>
>>18093151
If I'm lucky, and that's a really big if, I can use my tax return to cover me until the end of the semester
>>
Welp, guess I should've expected this...
>>
>>18093151

Sue your university?

They can't just say "fuck you" when it's their mistake.
>>
>>18093219
They certainly made it seem like they could. When I was on the phone disputing it they were like "Sorry we can't make any changes this far into the semester" (It had been a month in by the time they even realized they fucked up)

Their original excuse was that the "weather" kept them from processing shit on time
>>
>>18093238
(Forgot my name, whatever)
>>
Fellow blindfag. Sue under the ADA guidelines. I hate them but this is the kind of shit that law was made for.
>>
>>18093143
why are you spending 1400+ on rent if you don't earn shit?
>>
>>18093248
Because his dumb ass went to college and colleges overcharge more than goddamn hospitals nowadays.

OP, go to a trade school or learn to love sitting on ass once you go blind because this is a sighted world (and I say this as a 20/400 cyclops since the day I was born.)
>>
>>18093245
Any specifics on this? Also I can't necessarily afford a lawyer

>>18093248
Because the loans I took out were supposed to cover that shit, but the college fucked it up because they give me no control over how my money gets spent

>>18093253
I wanted to go into game design or some bullshit but I figured since college would be free* I could do the thing I love instead

*pay all of your money all the time and blow all of your savings because fuck you
>>
>>18093256
>Any specifics on this? Also I can't necessarily afford a lawyer
Nope. There are pro-bono lawyers and ADA lawsuits tend to settle out pretty goddamn quick so most lawyers wouldn't mind helping a cripple. It makes them look good. Know the cards you have. We've got the legit victim cards. I hate having them but if I were in your shoes, I'd use every one of them.

>I wanted to go into game design or some bullshit but I figured since college would be free* I could do the thing I love instead
Learn from your mistake and be glad you didn't have to do jailtime like I did. We cripples, as a breed, are too goddamn sheltered. What's your disease? Macular Degeneration by chance?
>>
>>18093266
I'll see what my contact at the DSB says about suing

>Macular Degeneration by chance?
Nah, Retinitis Pigmentosa, it's a bitch
>>
>kill the ass who told u youd get all those benefits
>get caught
>go to jail
>free food
>free housing
>no taxes
>free anal
>no more financial worries
>>
>>18093270
Had a few RP kids in my old blind classes when I was in school. I was born 3 months early. RoP, hearing loss, asthma, and fibromyalgia. Remember, it can always get worse.

>>18093279
He'd better learn how to fight if he's going inside because able-bodies on the ins HATE us cripples. I had one fight and "lent" about $50 worth of commissary for the 8 months I was in. I won the fight and I didn't get beat up too badly once I paid a couple of people to protect me but it wasn't pleasant. Hell of an eye-opener though (no pun intended.)
>>
>>18093290
One of my best friends is a preemie. No serious vision problems but a lot of those other things. It could be worse, but I wish it were better
>>
>>18093298
I was born in 83 and got too much oxygen. All physical problems. My brother was born in 86 (also 3 months early) and got too little oxygen. He's eternally 12 years old. How bad did your best friend get hit?
>>
>>18093303
Fibro and some other developmental stuff. Nothing super bad
>>
>>18093143
What if you just stop paying them?

People get calls from college decades after finishing because they don't pay.

I have a debt from a hospital I ignore paying.

If you have no money what can you do... College is scamming everyone, books should NOT cost as much as they do, they should not even be updated that often, they only update them to say "you're required to buy this version" and charge you $200.

It's a scheme.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.