[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls share anxiety techniques

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: tremble tremble.gif (843KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
tremble tremble.gif
843KB, 500x487px
hi /adv/, came here to find relief from anxious feelings

was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share anxiety techniques and such, especially if it helps with grounding yourself (i have depersonalization with my anxiety too so it really disconnects me from myself and the world rip)

any advice will be much appreciated
>>
File: 1488330389415.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1488330389415.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>18093041
What is depersonalization?
>>
>>18093043
from good ol wiki: "Depersonalization or depersonalisation can consist of a reality or detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself. Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience."
>>
File: 1480194778752.jpg (64KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1480194778752.jpg
64KB, 600x525px
>>18093054
damn, that happens to me like daily, didn't know it's actually like an anxiety thing.
>>
Sounds like a pile of bs
>>
>>18093059
feelsbad because it's such a common thing but lots of people don't know shit about it since no one wants to fund for research
>>18093066
wish it was just bs but if you're an anxiousfag like me then you'll probably experience it at least once in your life
>>
Ditch atheism, meditate daily, listen to music often, avoid drug / sugar abuse, exercise, do positive things, do deep breathing exercises, try to gain control over your thoughts.

All you can really do in life is control your mind and how you react to outside stimuli. Study stoicism and start believing in God/some kind of universal intelligence.
>>
>>18093102
this sounds like a nice positive lifestyle to take on, thanks

funny thing about the whole atheism thing is back when i used to be into religion i was so much better off and had a more optimistic view on things as a whole, it was only after when i started detatching from it and not believing in anything anymore when shit went downhill - never gave much thought on it, but maybe having a lack of belief contributed to my hopelessness or something
>>
>>18093132

Even if God doesn't exist, having faith in the idea that everything that is happening to / around you is meant to make you a better person is a positive mindset to have. A lot of religious teachings say that just believing in God makes God exist, any God. It's like we're in a computer program and we're sending messages to the programmers for assistance / guidance. I dunno, man. But stoicism, deep breathing, exercise, and learning to control my thoughts and banish bad thoughts has helped immensely with my anxiety. Cutting down on smoking/other bad habits also helped a lot.
>>
>>18093102
This is good advice.

I'm not a christian. For me Falun Dafa was an eye opener, that there exists more than we can see. Falun Dafa believes in Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance btw.
>>
>>18093041
OP this is going to sound stupid but try juicing. It sounds like BS but there's something's about injecting your system with an intense amount of nutrients all at once.

It helped me when I was going through a bad time in my life.
>>
>>18093395
vegetable/fruit juicing or shark jizz juicing?
>>
>>18093400
Vegetables.
>>
I just got off some anxiety meds. I stopped drinking and started exercising and eating clean. I only drink once a month at most now and if I need to decompress I smoke if needed. I started getting more sleep too. I started doing them all at once too so I don't know if one of them helps more than the others.
>>
You could try keeping your home clean. It seems to reduce a worry for me that I normally don't notice until after I get things cleaned / organized. It's not much but its one less thing that nags at me. Also seems like meditation to me.
>>
>>18093395
definitely going to try this as soon as my folks stock up on groceries, we actually have a juicer too that just sits around unused in the kitchen
>>18093451
i eat fairly healthy, but oh man i have to get back into exercising and also maintaining a better sleep schedule, i've been laying those off lately
>>18093458
i have a thing with cleaning actually and always keep my room clean daily and am the one to make sure all dishes and stuff are washed too; meditation though, i always tell myself i should get into that but never had the motivation to really just take the time of already doing nothing to sit and meditate, i'll force myself to look into it and download some apps for it though thank you (and everyone else too)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.