[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, a part of my molar chipped off earlier /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 62.jpg (25KB, 356x338px) Image search: [Google]
62.jpg
25KB, 356x338px
What should I go for? Amalgam or white fillings? Which one is more durable, and lasts longer?

Lastly, what would you personally recommend?
>>
White fillings are much more expensive and only covered under dental for the front teeth that people will see. At least that's how my dental covered it.

So if you want a white filling on your molar be prepared to fork over a large sum of money.
>>
If your teeth are like 50% cavity like in the picture, I'd go for the amalgam because you don't want to have that whole mess replaced.

But if it's just a small filling get white. I had a couple tiny cavities and that's what I did.
>>
File: 1478734448929.gif (2MB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
1478734448929.gif
2MB, 200x145px
Amalgam gasses out mercury.
It's the most toxic non radiactive substance known to humanity.

Composite fillings have BPA (Bisphonel A) in them and make you literally a homo.
BPA works like a bad, unnatural kind of estrogen in your body.

>MFW I see that people still put mercury in peoples mouth
>>
Found this, maybe it helps.

http://www.holistic-dentists.com/holistic-dentistry/restoration/fillings/
>>
Amalgam fillings last longer, as they have a little bit of give, whereas the resin or composite filings are incredibly solid. the amalgam can move and reform slightly, whereas with any acrylic material,the filling is likely to just pop out if you bite an almond wrong. the mercury scare has been disproven many times over, and amalgam is almost guaranteed to last much longer.
>>
>>18092903
Really depends on your dentist and insurance.

For me personally, after insurance, amalgam is exactly the same cost as composite..
>>
Dentist here, if what you seek is a lasting restoration then amalgam is the best option, it is not toxic as some people belive, there is plenty of studies about that, and can last... Well... Ive seen amalgam restorations made 10-15 years ago, even more, in perfect state. If its a very good option for big cavities, in molars of course. In front theeth you want something pretty, composite is the best option, they are really strong and, if well made, you cant even tell they are there, the problem with them, besides the price, is that when placed into the thooth they need lightcuring, which causes contraction (1-3%)and in the long term, causes that any composite breaks or falls after 5-6 years, even before.
Sooo unless you care a lot for the way they look, amalgam is perfect for molars and premolars (is also stronger than composite) and composites for frontal theeth. (Sorry for any grammar mistakes, im still learning english)
>>
>>18093097
You are a moron.
>>
>>18093694
Dentist guy, can u give me advice?
>>
>>18092903
Amalgam is better but they cheaped out and gave me "white material" (the lady didn't even know what it's properly called)

fucking hate dentists, fucking scammers
>>
>>18093694
Molecular biologist here.

If amalgam fillings aren't replaced, they are very likely to affect blood circulation and attack the heart. TheY can increase heart attack risk after many years of exposure. Swallowing mercury is not that big of a deal. It's the inhaling and intrusion into the bloodstream. Mercury accumulates in the lungs, reacting with other gases that might attack the lungs / alveolas. Swallowing pure mercury does absolutely nothing, sice you can't really metabolise it.

Not saying that amalgam is so toxic, but they are not harmless
>>
>>18093903
What did people do with cavities before any cures existed?
>>
Hey guys, OP here, I thank you all for the advice, I just got home from the dentist.

I was gonna go with amalgam, but at the last moment at the doctor's request we decided we'd go with composite white filling. However during drilling she discovered a crack in the tooth, which meant there was gonna be a pretty big hole there, so we went with amalgam in the end.
It's not that visible thankfully, it's my upper last molar before my wisdom tooth.
>>
>>18093905
They pulled their teeth.

But, they also didn't have nearly as much sugar rot.
>>
my fillings on a few of my front teeth are starting to show a bit of dark/black behind them?

my next appointment isn't until later this month, should they be able to just try and do the filling again, or am I going to need crowns?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.