[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: party snoozer.jpg (157KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
party snoozer.jpg
157KB, 500x281px
I am 30. I run my own business and can keep whatever hours I feel like. I always set my alarm for 9am M - F.

I usually go to bed anywhere between 12:30am and 1:30am.

I think I sleep well and don't wake up during the night, but I am always tired until the afternoon. Right now my eyes are heavy and I feel tired.....I could probably fall asleep if I went to bed, however, if I tried going to bed at 10pm tonight I would lie there for at least an hour and a half.

Do you think I could remedy this by gradually going to bed earlier, so that after a week or so, I am getting an extra 6-8 hours of sleep per week?

When I was employed I went to bed about the same time but work up at about 8am, so I was getting less sleep, but felt about the same.
>>
growing up, more sleep is good, but less sleep is necessary. as you turn past 30 more sleep is necessary, but people still act like they're in their twenties.

a human can survive off of nothing but twinkies for many many many many many many years. but that doesn't mean he should. sleep is no different.

>i tried going to bed at 10

our bodies know when they're supposed to fall asleep and it takes some time to fix.

>i lied there for at least an hour and a half

good. cuz you're still getting at least an hour of extra sleep doing this. what id recommend is finding an audio book or radio play or a calm TV show that you can just listen to for an hour or so before drifting off. it can help.

id also suggest maybe taking a melatonin here and there. 1/4th of one usually does the trick for me
>>
>>18092679
Completely cut out caffeine. Go to /fit/ read the sticky, particularly the part about what to eat.
Very important. Bunch of carbs and/or a nutrition deficiency can keep you up at night.
>>
monitor your sugar intake and heavily cut down if its excessive

seriously, this will help heaps although prepare to get cravings like a bitch
>>
>>18092679

Consider the comfiness of your bed and if you need a new one?

Also, not sure what climate you're in, but heat helps sleep. I have an electric blanket in my bed, and if I leave it on on the lowest setting throughout the night, I still sleep like a rock for 9-10 straight.

I sleep much lighter if I'm less warm.
>>
>>18092679

If you own the business why not work the later shift? Let someone else open
>>
You might be depressed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.