[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stackoverflow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dunno.png (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dunno.png
40KB, 480x480px
Being a software developer and maybe soon to be on the hunt, I have a score of about 8000 on stackoverflow, should I put that on my CV, i.e. link to my profile? I've been doing this job for 17 years so not short on experience and I will be listing my side projects on my CV as well as the SO score. Will that help or not? Side projects are 2 websites I've done outside of work (high quality work)
>>
>>18091815
You worked as a developer for 17 years at the same place? That's pretty damned long. I'm a junior in CS and I think for newer devs, yes. But for you maybe just list it with other stuff, might not want to put it as a big part of your resume. But obviously take this with a grain of salt, I don't know a ton about the industry.

Check out www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions

They exaggerate a lot but they've helped me with my resume for internships.
>>
>score about 8000 on stackoverflow
>side projects
>doing this job for that long

Teach me how to be you. Currently learning programming and going for data analysis minor, however, I am one of the worst in university group with my grades and ability to solve tasks. I understand I won't see people who graduate with me, but it bothers I wouldn't be able to compete.
>>
>>18091815
You should at least mention it somewhere. If not in the CV, mention it in the application or interview.
>>
i wouldnt put your score, but you could put your account name maybe and they could investigate themselves
>>
>>18091815
>"I've copied countless amounts of code and added a comment in the programme that says it's mine"

Now, this could go one of two ways.
Firstly they see you for the scabbing scum you are. Or two, the employer also is a scabby scuba and you two go hand in hand.

P.S if I was even remotely good at coding and could understand what was even going on in other people's code posted on SO, I'd still be a scabby scumbag lole.
>>
>>18091815
>I have a score of about 8000 on stackoverflow, should I put that on my CV
no, no one gives a shit about that score.

if you have a github account and contribute or maintain some decent projects you should put that in your CV
>>
>>18091853
>You worked as a developer for 17 years at the same place?
No, about 3 years in this place, altogether about 5-6 different roles.
> worst in university group with my grades and ability to solve tasks
grades don't mean much but ability to solve tasks definitely does. You need to improve that side if you want to compete, I can only suggest plenty of practice, read a lot, understand what you read. Don't just read, practice what you read, practice practice.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.