[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a incredibly stupid question, but how do you actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 31D76Y-2BRpWL.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
31D76Y-2BRpWL.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
This is a incredibly stupid question, but how do you actually use a Thermos for coffee?

Like, how do you get the coffee in? Do you put the instant coffee and sugar straight into the flask and then add hot water? Or do you put it into a mug first then add it?
>>
>>18091553
Please don't make instant coffee or put sugar in coffee.

You simply put actual coffee into the thermos.

Thermoses work by insulating with a vacuum. There are two layers with a vacuum between. Without gas particles hitting one another the heat cannot be transfered due to this vacuum.

If you're talking about the ones with a heating element, those are retarded.
>>
I suppose it works either way but mixing it outside the thermo first is probably easier
>>
>>18091555
How do you get coffee-from a coffee machine?
>>18091556
I suppose it is-very hard to stir inside a Thermos.
>>
you make coffee and pour it into the thermos

its not a coffemaker, it just keep things warm inside
please stop being retarded
>>
>>18091557
I take a french press to work. Just nuke some water, stir it into the french press, press the filter down. Coffee is very good and they only cost like 12-20 bucks.

You have to grind coarse though, so if you have a blade grinder then just tap that shit like 4-5 times.

Also you can cold brew with it by not hearing the water and letting the grounds sit in the press for a day. I stir it 2-3x and it comes out delicious.
>>
>>18091553
Using a jug is the easiest way mate. Boil the kettle, then pour half a mug of water in the flask and half a mug in to the jug. Put the lid on the flask, and swill the water in the jug around a bit - this is just to warm them both up so that you loose less heat out of your tea/coffee. Tip the water out of the jug and make your drink in it using the appropriate amount of ingredients. Work on one mug being 250ml, so if you have coffee with two sugars a 500ml flask will need 2 coffee and 4 sugar. Pour in the milk till you get the correct colour. Tip the water out of the flask, pour your drink in, get the lid straight back on, job done.

>Flask protips

Empty it out as soon as you're done with it. If you drink your coffee at lunchtime and know you don't want anymore don't wait till you get home, pour the rest out after lunch, and rinse it with water if possible.

Clean it out as soon as you can, and clean it every time you use it. Put half a mug of hot water in it, a couple of drops of washing up liquid, put the lid on, shake the hell out of it, rinse it out a few times. Leave it upside down to dry. Be sure to take the rubber seal off when you wash it so you can clean it properly.

This is all aimed at keeping the inside clean. A warm and wet enviroment is perfect for bacteria to grow, and once you get that the flask starts to smell and every drink you put it in from then on will taste off. If that does happen get some sterilising solution/tablets (the stuff for cleaning baby bottles), fill the flask and leave it for 24 hours. That will get it back most of the time, but if the flask is too far gone just chuck it out and buy a new one.
>>
if it's insta-coffe (ugh, I guess some people are okay with it) just just put the coffe and hot water afterwards. the hot water should, so to speak, "stir" itself. Else just fucking seal it and shake it.
Else just pour the coffe inside like you would in a normal cup, I don't see why there is any confucius.
>>
>>18091553
Wow OP. Why bother asking this question?

Do it whatever way you want.
>>
make it in a normal cup first
if the mouth is too narrow use a funnel
>>
I have that exact thermos OP. I used to throw 1-2 packets of instant coffee in there and add boiling water then shake it up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.