[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dad spending his money on me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1416689140904.jpg (64KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
1416689140904.jpg
64KB, 524x468px
I'm 30 and have a strong job that makes good money ($75k/yr), but my dad makes a lot of money, has saved a lot of money, and unfortunately has a wife that doesn't want to do anything with her life besides watch TV.

He saved responsibly for retirement for he and my mom to travel and such, and she's saved money too, but he's pretty much accepted that when he's forced into retirement in 5 years, he's going to be stuck at home all the time, and won't ever use what he's saved.

He and I both pretty much agree that life is short, and he's telling me that he's living through me vicariously, while I travel and go on adventures.

Should I be refusing his money, or graciously accepting it?
>>
I'd probably accept it, because it seems like he genuinely wants you to have it. But maybe try to plan some trips with him or something so that you can both have some cool memories?
>>
no it's what family does
>>
First of all, he obviously loves you very much. A way to combine being gracious and accepting any money or gifts he gives you is to include him in the spending/adventures somehow. I'm guessing your dad is pushing 60 or 70? I bet he'd love a three day weekend with you (no women) going on some adventures together.

Fishing, camping, hunting if he's a man's kind of man. Or maybe something like Washington DC or Boston if he's an American history buff. If he's really doing financially well, maybe fly to Europe and see London or Paris or something.

I think it would be a great, great way to grow closer and maybe allow him to feel some pride about seeing what a cool man you've become. Plus, unless he's active in a lodge or a Freemason or something, I bet he doesn't get a lot of "guy time." It'd be nice.

Something to consider.
>>
>>18091324

He turns 60 this year, and we have the same birthday. He's a pilot for American Airlines, so he travels more than I could ever treat him to. Flew F-16s in the airforce when I was a kid. He has five more years of flying before he's forced to retire.

He and I travel together frequently - road trips to football games, grabbing beers together, that kind of thing.

I'm his only kid though. He misses his dad, who died about five years ago.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.