[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self improvement after becoming self aware of flaws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: stahl_selfimprovementsd.jpg (200KB, 740x357px) Image search: [Google]
stahl_selfimprovementsd.jpg
200KB, 740x357px
Not really thinking about going too much into personal detail but wanted to see what you guys would say at the question. Any advice or thoughts on how to become a better person? Already realized what the issues are. Recognize them as bad. But am unsure of how to change and improve because the bad seems so imbedded. Do you just force yourself to grow?
>>
>>18091018
I force myself, and other things force it on me as well. When I change something about me, it's because I'm tired of suffering and feeling helpless when I know I can do better.
>>
>>18091028

What if a lot of it is entirely a mental thing. Like an entire way of thinking. Things like shallowness and such. Or habits like overthinking or overanaylzing
>>
what worked for me when i identified things that were the a problem in my life, I commited to doing the EXACT opposite 100% of the time.

For ex: one of my flaws was i used to be extremely combative/argumentive.If people said shit i didnt agree with, I would be blunt and disagree with them upfront under the guise of "being honest". After I decided to change, i went ahead and did the opposite. Every time someone said something i had a gut negative reaction to, I decided to respond by telling them something along the lines of "wow, its fascinating you think that way, I think that's really awesome, tell me more". I did this with complete dedication for some months. Over time, it just became more natural
>>
>>18091043
Overanalyzing isn't always so bad. The intensity with which you contemplate things can work a lot to your advantage. What you shouldn't do is dwell and stall, but never stop thinking.
>>
>>18091018
>Any advice or thoughts on how to become a better person?

Get yourself into a social environment with strangers. A job is a very good way to do this. You'll fix at least some of your flaws pretty quick.

>>18091043
It might be entirely a mental thing. Being spoiled or isolated during childhood will likely make one's thoughts and feelings more self-oriented.
>>
>>18091076

I'll admit the isolation thing def applies to me. Spoiled arguably to an extent. Self oriented huh? Recently I had a sorta epiphany that I don't appreciate others as much as I should. I used to THINK I did but was bad at showing it and then I realized maybe I really didn't. I also realize I do focus a lot on how other people make me feel instead of me think of how I make them feel or what I do for them. I think I did once wonder if that's a result of isolation. At the very least I figured isolation gave me a warped sense of the world.
>>
For me I think of getting over it like excersize.
Say your issue is social anxiety, if you were someone who had never excersized or lifted you wouldn't go around lifting 20kgs, you would start out small. So with the example of social anxiety you don't go big because you will not mentally be able to do it, instead you say hello to the check out chick or smile as you walk past people. Small things, and then move up.
Also, after working out your body hurts the next day, you expect this and when it happens you think well at least I did something that was good for me. So if you get stressed about doing something wrong or being awkward, you can say well at least I tried and learnt a little. Hopefully the more you do this the easier it'll become.
So yes, unfortunately you'll have to force yourself a little bit. But find something that's somewhat easier to do first.

This is just one way I've been overcoming my social anxiety, which is my flaw. Though I do many other things.
>>
>>18091050
So you became a beta?
>>
>>18091018
HOW TO IMPROVE
1. Identify something as bad
2. Stop doing it
>>
>>18091407

I FEEL YOU ON THAT BUT.

What if my issue is more along the lines of I wanna stop THINKING a certain way. Stopping actions is actually pretty easy but it's thoughts I am fighting
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.