[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship advice - partner's finances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 352343.jpg (220KB, 1208x966px) Image search: [Google]
352343.jpg
220KB, 1208x966px
When is it the right time to have a conversation with someone your dating about their finances and professional life?

I've been dating this guy for 6 months now and it's going great. However, he currently works a shitty part-time job with a bunch of high school kids. He's an able-bodied 27 year old adult man who also still lives at home with his parents and pays no bills. Most of his paycheck each week goes to weed and cigarettes.

Don't get me wrong, I love this guy to death and he is great to me, but I can't see the relationship progressing to the next step (moving in together, marriage, etc.) until he makes some life changes. I don't expect him to start raking in a ton of money or anything, but I do expect him to work a full-time job and make at least enough money to provide for himself, and I expect some prioritization in his life.

When is this topic appropriate to bring up? I ask because I know money is a very sensitive topic for people, and I don't want him to feel like I'm ambushing him. I'm also not sure if I should bring it up now, or later on down the road when we start having discussions about moving in together (probably will happen near the end of this year).
>>
>>18090326
what does he do? is he in school?
>>
wow this is a really COOl post my man really good post I'm reading it I read it 5 times by now oops I read it 7 now hahaha I can't stop reading your post I want to marry this post now that I think about it really GOOD post I'm just kind of not even sure how to proceed from here ahaha I'm a little nervous sorry
>>
Obvious bait is obvious bait.
>>
The sooner, the better. I understand that you're afraid of breaking up over it, but if you're concerned about those long terms goals, do you really want to waste time? Do you want to spend two years in this relationship and THEN discover he refuses to get a proper job?
>>
>>18090326
Step 1: Don't be a golddigging whore
>>
>>18090326
let a man be man and do whatever]

see i few jobs, about 3 months each, over last 15 years 40...my wife always whineing at me to get a job. i told her I would always lose the job after 3 months it always happened, she rubished it, but it awlays happened. I got a engineering degree, was hard work, but no opportunists

I was good at rpg, shooter, stuffing around on computers

got into Bitcoin really early, could have brought in 10,000 at 1$...

my wife threw my computer out of the room and smashed it to stop me just mucking around....

so I missed out on $10 million + right now.

I also stated codeing my one collision engine which she could not understand and she stopped m from doing it.

freind to get into media and she did not support me until years alter she saw a friend do it and now he a news anchor

A man will find his way if you let him take his own way

some people are not suited to be wage cuckd...just support him in whatever he likes, he will appreciate it and do well....prolly much better than being a minimum wage cuck.
>>
>>18090326
It's who he is not what he is.
>>
"Men marry women hoping they will never change and women marry men hoping they will." He may just be that guy forever. Don't hold your breath lady.
>>
>>18091508
Every human changes over time... people with near perfekt/ perfekt memory can relate
>>
>butthurt weedboys

just tell him you wana live with him in the future and you dont see how a part time job will let him have that

hes gona bullshit you and you gona believe it because he has a handsome face

sad
>>
The appropriate time is when you want to progress the relationship. If you are happy with how things are, cool. But I assume you someday want to cohabit, and or get married.

So come at it from that angle. What do you want from the relationship? If you aren't ready to propose cohabitation, then there is no reason to discuss it.
If you desire cohabitation, you need to have a frank discussion about the costs, the ability to bear those costs, and other logistics.

Either he can come up with half the rent or he can't. You need to ask yourself if you believe he is capable of holding up his end, or... In eventuality, playing stay at home dad while you bring home the bacon.

Is he capable of adulting, in whichever way will be required?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.