[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>Can I leave with a 1 month notice in the following situation?
According to my contract I would have to give a 1 month notice, then find a new tenant to take my place if I were to leave my tenancy early.
But when I gave my notice, the landlord told me I need a 3 month notice. Reminding him of the 1 month and the new tenant thing he said he did not want a new tenant.
>contract lasts until sept 1
>i'm a 5"3" female sharing the house with the landlord
>i heard him yell at the phone several times
>once he got so angry he punched or kicked a door
I do not feel safe here, i do not feel safe to argue.
>>
>>18089979
Easy answer. You can leave anytime you want... but you will be liable for anything costs related to the forfeiture of your lease (rent, fees, etc).

My advice is to leave if you feel unsafe. And take it to civil court if he tries to collect money that wasn't in the original agreement.
>>
>>18089988
>but you will be liable for anything costs related to the forfeiture of your lease (rent, fees, etc).
Well, true. And I don't want that. Since he does not want a new tenant, legally I should pay the remainder of the rent. Is that true?
>>
>>18090038
Well how bad do you not want it? Bad enough to risk injury from an abusive roommate/landlord?

You're either blowing smoke about the abusive characteristics or you're dumb and willing enough to take the abuse... it's that simple. (with all due respect... not trying to be hard on you)

As for whats in your lease agreement: I don't know. Do you have a copy?
>>
>>18090046
He has not hurt me or yelled at me.
I do have a copy but it isn't in english. The landlord also tried to tell me I'd have to pay all the remaining months rent if I left, after I talked about the contract he switched to 3 months notice.. I left him with that and haven't brought it up since then. But now I got someone else to look at my contract and they agreed that it is a 1 month notice but I would need to find a new tenant. (which the landlord told me he did not want)
I do not have enough money to pay off the remaining all at once + new place's costs and I'd rather not pay him for nothing and then be homeless.
>>
Your landlord has decided to not take on a new tenant so all you need to do is give 1 month of notice, take it to your local police or a lawyer, they may be willing to give a free consultation
>>
>According to my contract I would have to give a 1 month notice, then find a new tenant to take my place if I were to leave my tenancy early.
If this is what your contract says, then this is what you have to do. They're the terms he agreed to when he signed. If he doesn't like it, then he can take you to the tribunal or whatever (and he'll lose) but you're legally in the right if you follow this clause.
>>
>>18089979
No clue what jurisdiction you're in, but if you have a contract saying 1 month notice, give 1 month WRITTEN notice.

In most jurisdictions, it's the LANDLORD who has to bust his ass to get a new tenant. They call that "mitigating damages". You would not likely put someone into a situation where you yourself felt scared, would you?
>>
If I were you I'd get some proper legal advice. From the contract, it makes sense to me that you should be able to leave with a one month notice if you found another tenant and if he doesn't want one, then that's his problem because he already agreed to those terms by signing the contract.

But like I said, you should get proper legal advice, or at least go on a legal advice website.
>>
>>18090235
>>18090245
I will ask an official
Don't know what he would try to pull even if I went with his "3 month notice" idea since it is not written either
>>18090248
kek I live in a "student city" and we have to bust our asses to get a place to live at. Fresh postings get multiple requests within the minute, whereas you might be lucky if you get one reply back from 20 requests. Then you have the house viewings where multiple people visit one while talking with people already living there and they pick one or two out of the visiting bunch they want to rent the free room.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.