[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not be a cunt at work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.jpg (14KB, 720x386px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
14KB, 720x386px
I keep getting in trouble for saying shit without thinking at work because my managers are snowflakes. I can't help it, I really tried, it just comes so naturally after working at a factory and then a pub for a while (now work at an office).

Everyone generally likes me and knows I'm not being serious when I say anything abrasive but management think otherwise and the more they awkwardly point out my flaws the more frustrated it makes me. I'm not even talking serious rudeness, I'm talking minor things like saying "I'm busy right now" instead of being a pandering softy who says shit like "Oh I'm really sorry I can't help you with that job right now but I'm sure if you went and asked XXX they'd be more than happy!" (yes, they literally had a private chat with me because I told someone I was busy when I actually was)

So my options are get a job where I can work in solitude or be a cunt to people who will just be cunts back (worse pay though) or change who I am as a person. What do?
>>
You just need to start acting more professionally. Nobody is asking you to be somebody you're not, but there is level of professionalism required in most jobs and it sounds like this is what you're struggling with.

Keeping everybody happy in an office is really difficult, even if everybody works well together. It only takes one person to upset the balance and if management sense you might be the kind of person to do this, they will probably try and nip it in the bud.

Yeah it's shit and to be honest, the people around you are probably being extremely sensitive, but I don't think you could go far wrong by extending a bit of courtesy and being a bit more polite to your colleagues. You'd be surprised at how much it can mean to people.

Otherwise yeah, it might be worth finding a job in a less office based career. You probably get paid more in this one because they expect a level of professionalism.
>>
>>18089829

I can act professionally when I'm making a conscious effort to do so. Trouble is, moment I'm focused on a challenging job then the reflexes take over. I might ask to swap desks so I'm sitting with less newbies (they put them with me for guidance but sometimes I literally can't get anything done because I'm always helping them - all great people, don't resent them at all, but becomes overwhelming)

Maybe I'll start job hunting once I've got the mortgage sorted. Grass is always greener on the other side though, or so I've found in the past. Cheers for the balanced response.
>>
Seriously, if everything you say about the situation and your behaviour is 100% fact and not schewed in your favor I don't understand the problem. If you put a little stank on your "I'm busy right now" I wouldn't think that be worth an employer stepping in.

I'm pretty paranoid by nature so I would take it as they have it out for me and either want me to kiss their asses or get me fired or something.

If everything is as you say though, if I were in your position I would start to look for what all is around as far as a job you could take your experience to and possibly get a better job with a better company making better money on top of not having to deal with whatever bullshit that is.
>>
>>18089808
this is the kind of faggotry that made me drop the idea of working in a stuffy cubicle and take on the open road as a truck driver. That and the fact that every successful business owner I've ever met has never had time for pleasantries and bullshit
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.