[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contacting a Congressmam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (96KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
96KB, 640x360px
Hey /adv/, l have some questions regarding Congress.

I'm a third-world English student and l wrote a paper in which l cited a couple of US Representatives. Now l need to get in touch with "experts" on the issue, and figured my best bet would be the two people l referenced. But the thing is that l'm not sure whether they'd reply to some random foreigner asking them specific questions about what might be considered a hot-button issue.

So my questions for you guys are: have you ever contacted a sitting Congressman with a specific inquiry? Did you get a reply? If yes, was it an actual reply, or just a canned response?

I know this might be regarded as a /pol/ thread by some, but l'm legit asking for advice on something l have no idea how to approach.

Thanks. <3
>>
>>18089268
Sometimes they answer, sometimes not. It doesn't hurt to try.

You can also try finding a law professor who is an expert on it and emailing them - they would be more likely to answer I think.
>>
>>18089268
The Honorable John Smith
Congressman from Indiana
Capital Building
Washington DC

might not be the exact address, but it will get to him. The mail will be opened by an aide, who might pass it on to his boss or send you the text of a speech or statement the boss made on the subject. You won't be ignored.
>>
>>18089268
Thing is in the US they have to answer you in some form. Don't know if that applies to a foreigner though.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.