[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1416738772071.jpg (113KB, 560x782px) Image search: [Google]
1416738772071.jpg
113KB, 560x782px
Can we share insights, mentalities, philosophies, random nuggets of wisdom or any general advice you may have on being successful in life?

Whether they're lessons you learned a hard way or something you picked up along the way that you feel would be worth sharing.

I'm 24 now and I've done fuck all with my life. I'm going back to school this summer and making an attempt to get back on the path to self improvement that I've fallen off so many times before and I hoping that I will stick to it this time.

I'd just appreciate any sort of wisdom someone could share. Anything really.
>>
>>18089171
All regrets are being sowed from chances you don't take. Remember that chance being taken and result in failure still more satisfying than not taking it all.
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 1280x853px
>>18089171

Pick something and stick with it until you get a bit of experience. You never know where it might lead you.
>>
>>18089171
25 here. Learn to be a little bit more selfish and self-centered.
>>
File: bi7TwNM.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
bi7TwNM.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>18089184
I'm beginning to learn this as I go on in years. I've always been very altruistic to a fault. I was sort of overly selfless and it didn't get me anywhere. It may sound cynical and depressing, but I've found that the world is kind of harsh and preys on people with that sort of outlook. I don't think being a complete self-centered dick is the way to go about life, but definitely being selfish more often will yield better results.
>>
>>18089197
Also dont try intil you are 35, work on your craft in the mean time.
>>
>>18089197
I think the good balance is found where in being selfish means you always make yourself the main priority first before you give other people time of the day.

The downfall isn't when you're giving to other people, but when you're forgetting about yourself. Feed yourself first before you feed others.
>>
>>18089210
this.
>>
>>18089179
Except when that chance actually fucks you up more than you would had you not taken it.

Insecurity exists for a reason you know, so you don't make stupid stuff that simply isn't worth it.
>>
File: 1444330681423.jpg (7KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1444330681423.jpg
7KB, 250x205px
>>18089171
Not all advice works for you. People have very different personalities and very different situations. There simply can't be a advice that works for all people.

You need to know what makes you fulfilled so you can build a happy life to yourself.

Taking care of your psychological well-being is more important than taking care of your physiological well-being (unless both are related). Psychological trauma hurts more and is more lasting than physiological trauma. Whatever makes yourself happy.
>>
File: 146839-004-3C436FE2.jpg (25KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
146839-004-3C436FE2.jpg
25KB, 359x450px
Advice help those who gives it, not who receives it. You will figure things out by yourself.
>>18089842 <-- this guy definitely gets it, speaking about very different conditions. Most advice is meaningless platitude. Proceed with caution.
Looks do matter, it matters a lot, maybe even more than I admit, never disregard it and take care of yourself.
If you spot that someone straightforwardly lies to you, appeals to your feeling of worth to get their needs met, belittles you -- recognize it but never, ever show your contempt, hold down any negativity, never let yourself to be provoked. Smile, show cunningness, adjust.
Isolation is deadly. However, if you feel that relationship doesn't satisfy you -- burn the bridges. Be careful of what leverages people have got onto you.
Trust yourself, never be doubtful of yourself. Don't lose optimism.
Nobody wants to attach themsevles to losers. The world is yours to share your happiness, nobody would be here to share your sorrow.
Never put value in what people say. This includes positive things.

Don't believe faggots like me on basket weaving boards.
>>
If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. Once your settled in, the years will fly by.

If you hate your job, getting out of bed everyday is a struggle. You wind up being miserable and making everyone around you miserable too.
>>
Get out of your comfort zone. If there's something you think about doing but are afraid to initiate, just do it. Great things will come out of it.
>>
File: 1448348353765.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1448348353765.png
103KB, 624x434px
Be formless, shapeless, like water.
>>
>>18090359
and consider living in a barrel, right?
>>
when working with or for someone: communication is often more important than the actual job. Efficient people like to stay informed because they base their decisions on that. It won't matter that you've created a masterpiece if there was no word from you for a month.
>>
>>18090368
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EygqL--RW4

You put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
>>
>>18090387
Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.