[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend tried to kill herself today. She just got sent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170221_112150_298.jpg (56KB, 1600x1019px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_112150_298.jpg
56KB, 1600x1019px
My best friend tried to kill herself today. She just got sent to the hospital an hour ago. I feel like I could have done something to prevent it, but I've been avoiding/ignoring her resently.

Idk what to do. I cant sleep.
>>
It's tough honestly. I personally had a friend who got along great with everyone and I showed up to school and learned he killed himself.

I couldn't help but feel like I could have done something myself. My biggest regret was not even looking for signs that he struggled.

The best thing you can do is be there for your friend and convince them you'll be there night/day for them if they ever have doubt.
Hope this helps.
>>
>>18088512
The fucked up part is that there is literally nothing you can do. I've been in your position.

The best thing you can do is let them know they're loved and that if they were to somehow not be here anymore, that you'd miss them a lot.
>>
>>18088512
You have to cut out toxic people eventually. You can be supportive and try to help her, but there are a ton of crazy fucks out there on a mission to burn themselves down. Don't take charge of them or some bs.
>>
maybe you shouldnt avoid or ignore someone who is important to you in the future
>>
>>18088624
you need to be 18 to post here boy
fuck off
>>
>>18088624
You're a retard.

>>18088620
You, however, should not be trying to pin the blame on somebody who already feels awful. I have made several suicide attempts in the past and scared the shit out of my friends but I have never, not ever blamed them for letting me do what I did because I know how hard it is to deal with somebody who's crazy and it can be hard for anyone to humanly deal with somebody who needs constant support and reassurance. Just because this support and reassurance was not forthcoming because people have lives does not make OP responsible for their friend's dumbass decision. One day, when they're better, they'll learn to own that themselves.

>>18088512
Call the hospital. Figure out where she's at. Go to see her when you can. Bring her some clothes, a phone charger, candy/soft drinks, a stuffed fucking animal, whatever.

When I woke up after a paracetamol overdose a couple of years ago, opening my eyes to see my close friend quietly crocheting in the chair next to me while she waited for me to wake up made me realise that I wasn't alone in the world.
>>
>>18088624
You have no idea.
Anyway takes more balls to hurt yourself than someone else and sometimes physical pain is very good at taking your mind of how fucked up you feel inside.
You sir are a moron
>>
It not your fault. Be there there for your friend and tell her how you feel about her. All of it.

It will help. She just needs a little help in her selfesteem in life.
>>
>>18088648
this. visit her. buy her stuff to cheer her up. don't judge her, just hug her.
>>
>>18088624
lmaoooooo how are you that fucking stupid? Like honestly, it's oddly impressive in way.., being that much of a braindead retard. Does it take practice?
>>
>>18088512
It's not your fault, some people will probably reject any kind of help you would have attempted to give.
>>
>>18088512
First, it's not your fault. People who are depressed typically hide their symptoms and do it very well.

Second, if you really are torn up about it, visit her in the hospital and talk it out.
>>
>>18088624
Hush, the grown-ups are talking
>>
these things happen anon, you can't stop your friends from having depression and shit
tell her you value her and you want to help. if she accepts it, great. if not, that's her decision
and make sure to take care of yourself too. it doesn't benefit anyone if you both feel like shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.