[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a private eye rat you out to the cops?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 234x202px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 234x202px
I want to hire a private investigator. The only catch is, I am investigating myself.

Someone threatened to go to the police, and I want to hire someone to look me up in law enforcement records to see if a report was filed.

My concern is that most private eyes are either former cops or have some relationship with law enforcement. The person I live chatted assured me that the police would have no way of knowing they are looking through their records. But what is to stop them from just reporting to the cops that I hired them to do this? They are a licensed, legit private investigator, so are there protections against this happening?

Am I just being paranoid?
>>
Don't all reply at once
>>
What where they threatening to go to the police with?

If a report was filed and you haven't been visited by the police then its obviously not a big deal and you making it into one won't help.

Or are you just wanting to know if you should get revenge or not? Either way it doesn't sound like a smart idea.
>>
>>18088146
shut the fuck up and stop breaking the law you degenerate
>>
>>18088149
I never said I broke the law. I said someone was going to report me to the police. Guilty or innocent, no one wants the police investigating their whole life.
>>
>>18088157
Listen to >>18088148
You'll be OK.!
>>
>>18088148
I am a US citizen living abroad. I would want to move back some day. But want to make sure LE aren't going to be waiting at the airport for me
>>
>>18088105
Don't hare a private eye. Just go to the police station and ASK them to look up your name to see if you have a criminal record. If they ask why, tell them it's because your are curious/employers sometimes do. You don't need to state anything specific.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.