[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have tried for the last year to get my degree in Biology. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: tobey-maguire-crying.jpg (20KB, 300x356px) Image search: [Google]
tobey-maguire-crying.jpg
20KB, 300x356px
I have tried for the last year to get my degree in Biology. I loved this shit, it was my dream to be a researcher and live for science.

This was until last year, when I started to work on my thesis. It has been hell, my counselor (thesis director, or whatever is called in English) has made difficult to get my project done. I'm working on a deadline, and I'm really, really tired.

I'm so... burned; I had to change ringtones because the old one made me shudder, I have started to have nightmares that feature her and every time I have to go to a meeting with her I got the same feeling I had before surgery, that I am all alone and hopeless, and that there's a big ball of anxiety in the middle of my chest that makes me feel asphixiated.

I have nine surgeries and a degenerative cronic disease, and not even that put me like this. /adv/, I don't know what to do. I want to finish my carreer and get my degree, but I'm not so sure anymore that I want to dedicate myself to this. What should I do?
>>
>>18087899
>What should I do?

power through get the qualification and reevaluate after you finish.
>>
>>18087899
Talk to someone in the Counseling Center or the Dept. Head, whoever you think you can talk to most comfortably.
>>
Too late to change projects/advisors? Well then, guess you'll have to ride out your current course

Just get to the finish line anon, no matter how the project turns out. Chances are, most undergraduate theses are shit - not saying yours is, but honestly I doubt most professors expect the same amount of detail/care as a PhD (which you'll need to get if you want to go down that research career path, what you're going through right now is NOTHING compared to graduate school).

Then for PhD, you can get the hell away from that school and all the bad memories tied to it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.