[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dentist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Im going to the dentist at 8am in the morning to get 4 wisdom teeth removed and im 18. The only thing they told me is that ill be asleep with a IV in my arm. What else should I expect?
>>
>>18087840

To be asleep, and then the procedure will be finished. Don't touch the gauze in your mouth when you wake up, although you probably won't remember since you'll be woozy and drugged up from anesthetics. I'd suggest having someone go with you so they can take you home.
>>
>>18087840
sore mouth for a day or two and perhaps overbleeding if it runs in the family (like it did for me)

its not bad
>>
>>18087840
I'll tell you my experience:
I didn't remember getting knocked out. I didn't remember my parents helping bring me home.
When I came to, I felt unbalanced and pain where my teeth were taken out. I spent a few days eating liquids and greek yogurt. Also had to regularly replace the gauze in my mouth with fresh ones. The prescribed painkillers helped.
>>
>>18087842
>>18087845
OP here- Thank you two for the advice :) any more information from anyone else will be appreciated :)
>>
>>18087851
I didnt think the meds would have people out like that, Hopefully I wont say anything weird around anyone, thanks for the advice :)
>>
Mines a bit different as i didnt get put out. I can't do needles in my arm, mouth for some reason i can deal with.

Anywho, they numbed me up and all i felt was pressure on my jaw pulling toward dentist. They gauzed me up and i went on my merry way with my mom at the wheel. I popped a vicadin that day, changed my gauze like 8 hours later (dont be surprised if you still bleed, its like a gooey sive for a day).

Next day i went to work like nothing. Jaw was sore, but nothing i needed to take my meds for.

Just fyi, i had three teeth removed, two still inside, one out. Just do your fast and take meds as needed. Take it slow on your mouth, let it heal.
>>
There's a 50/50% chance of death, so the best thing that you can do to even out your odds a bit is take a coin, choose heads or tails and stick with it. Say you choose tails, keep flipping the coin say 20 or so times until you get heads more than you got tails. That way it'll even out your luck, since you've already used up the majority of your "miss-luck". You'll have a bit higher percentage chance of surviving the procedure.

maybe you should have brushed your teeth more OP
>>
>>18087988
the previous results of a coin toss do not effect the likelihood of it landing on any particular side

the odds are always 50/50 heads or tails no matter how many times you landed either one
>>
>>18087996
>ThatsTheJoke.jpg
I bet you're fun at parties.
>>
>>18087988
OP here, Ill keep that in mind lol
>>18087919
Hopefully mine will go that smooth
>>18087996
Interesting
>>
I'm getting mine done on Wednesday. Been putting it off for about a decade because I was fucking paralyzed with fear about the whole ordeal, but I eventually came to my senses about it.

I had an endoscopy the other week, for which they used the same IV drugs I'll be getting for the tooth extraction (Versed and Fentanyl, though this procedure will also be using Propofol with those). You'll wake up feeling warm and fuzzy like you just had a really nice nap. You won't be able to form memories for a little while after you wake up and it's kind of entertaining how spotty your memory of the recovery room will be. I don't even remember leaving the building; the most recent part I can remember was being on the interstate on the way home (someone else driving).

I'm a very anxious person and I used to get panic attacks frequently, but those drugs will simply keep it from happening at all, so don't worry about it. You won't remember any of the procedure, even if you do wake up during it. If you do wake up, you won't feel any pain or discomfort either. I can totally see why people get addicted to opiates after that experience (presuming it was the Fentanyl making me feel so nice).

So, don't worry about it too much, just follow whatever instructions you got for before/after the surgery (like you probably shouldn't be eating or drinking anymore at this point). It's a standard procedure and your surgeon likely does it several times a day. Good luck to both of us.
>>
Glad you asked OP. I Love to tell the tale of how I got my wisdom teeth removed.

>teeth gotta come out
>getting it done in the hospital because medical will cover it better than dental
>option to get the gas
>why the fuck not?
>in the waiting room wearing those hospital gowns
>7/10 cutie comes in and sits beside me
>chat her up while waiting
>by chat her up I mean be a coward and say nothing
>end up waiting almost 2 hours because there where some emergencies
>finally go in
>they strap me down to the table
>guess its so I don't flail around in my sleep
>nurse starts the IV
>this shit kinda burns
>can feel the burning going through my body
>hits my balls
>FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>would have started rabidly clawing at my scrotum right there in front of everyone if I wasn't strapped down
>burning subsides in a couple seconds
>doctor gets the gas ready
>I ask him if I should count down
>he says sure start from 20
>get down to 12
>not like in the movies where they slowly fall asleep
>it was like fully awake and then not between 12 and 11
>having a dream
>walking down the street
>feel something behind me
>turn around
>FUCKING CLIFF RACER OUT OF NOWHERE
>start swinging my sword left and right
>apparently I woke up at this point in time and was swinging my arm in real life
>nurse runs over and restrains me
>tells me to calm down and I am in a hospital
>I explain to her that I was being attacked by a cliff racer
>by explain I mean I spat out a blood soaked piece of gauze onto my chest and started mumbling
>nurse just grabs it and sticks it back in my mouth
>starts wheeling me somewhere
>next thing I remember I am in the car on the way home.
>>
I healed really fast and was off the Vicodin in a day. My girlfriend took the full week.

Just be prepared for that just in case.
>>
>>18087840
I want to go to that dentist.
>>
>>18088184
>>18088195
>>18088249
OP here, Very cool and interesting stories, I love them :) Thanks for all the advice in these and I enjoyed reading them
>>18088333
Theyre pretty good and goofy also with cute nurses here and there. Theyre not bad or too bad I guess lol nice trips btw
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.