[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get my alcoholic mum sectioned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: stressed.jpg (14KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
stressed.jpg
14KB, 350x210px
Britfag again here, I posted here about my mum yesterday but I'll try again.

Basically my mum is an alcoholic and her upbringing mixed with this and choosing to do this is causing her own self inflicted problems like fights, arguements etc. and can cause the rest of the family problems either with her abuse or the people that she has upset starts on us as well.

She has no self control and needs forced help for any chance at a normal life again, what can I do?
>>
>selfbump
>>
>>18087611
rat poison into her tea

gg ez
>>
Does she acknowledge that she is an alcoholic? Or at least acknowledge that she has a problem? Does she has other mental problems as well?

The best thing you can do is to let her know that you'll help her, by whatever means. Getting her into AA might be the best first step.

Also, as you said, because she has no self control, you shouldn't be mad at her for binge drinking or falling back. Alcoholism is an illness.

Good luck.
>>
>>18087611
My friends mom died of alcoholism when we were in highschool. We kind of saw it comming for years so,it didn't bother anyone.
>>
>>18087611

Detaining someone under the Mental Health Act is an emergency measure, an absolute last resort for when everything else has been tried and failed. It's common that people who actually need to be detained ("sectioned") don't get it, because doctors are unwilling to do it, or more often because there simply isn't anywhere to detain them at. As a general rule, there has to be a clear, specific and imminent threat to life before it's even considered. Real life isn't EastEnders, you can't have someone forcibly removed to a psychiatric facility just because you don't like them.
>>
>>18087685
Yes she does know she has a problem and I suspect she has other mental problems.

It's been on going for years and we all have tried but she constantly always does it, believe me the amount of shit I've had to let go just to give her a chance again I've honestly lost count.

She's going to end up like her parents if she carries on, it is like living on edge all the time because she will come kicking your door down, she will constantly harass you, she will go to any public place and start a fight with you if she thinks she is right.

It's a mixture of fucked up things and the only thing we haven't tried is getting her forced help like being sanctioned
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.