[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommate/Tenant rent problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: avatar_335ed12f579c_512.png (174KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
174KB, 512x512px
Stuck in a rock and a hard place.

>Roommate has had trouble paying rent on time about 6-7 times since he's lived here
>Understand if there's extenuating circumstances (like he got laid off and couldn't find work for two months)
>But most of the time it's that he spent too much money on toys or junk food
>Rent is $420, very reasonable
>Tells me that he's taking his "girl" to Cali for a nice vacation, talks about all the nice places they're gonna stay
>Worried about rent, but just advise him to be careful because he's an adult and his girl sucks
>Text him today that rent is due tomorrow
>Him: "Uh I need to talk to you about that brother"
>Me: "Yes, we need to have a very serious talk when you get home tonight"
>Clearly he won't have the rent because he spent it all on his shitty girl that fucks other dudes

I can't really afford to float his part of the rent anymore, because our other roommate moved out, and these things eat into my savings. I want to let him know that he's on a one-strike policy from here on out, and the next time rent isn't on time, he will be evicted. Plus I want to tell him it's time for him to stop buying toys and going on vacations and contributing to things like detergent and trashbags and chores around the house. Unfortunately, I'm over a barrel and can't afford to just kick him out and take over $1200 in rent and utilities every month. Plus I don't have a renter's agreement. (Stupid of me, I know, but I've never lived with anyone that wasn't responsible and someone I'd known for a while.)

I wanna go fucking nuts on him because I'm fuming. What should I do?
>>
>>18086959

id honestly kick him out and say that you spoke to the landord and since hes not on the lease, that he will evict you, but you convginced the landlord to give him thirty days notice.

then find a new roomie or two.

you could also consider saying 'ill float you this ONCE but you need to sign this sublet agreement (which says he will have thirty days to leave if he cant pay rent by the first of a month) and that you will also orgnaize his finances for him.

if he cant agree just kick him out
>>
>>18086959
>What should I do?
ask him calmly to shape up, give him a 2 months to do so, if he doesn't, give him 30 days notice to vacate.

I don't want to be a downer, but he has rights, unfortunately. You can skipp the giving him time to shape up and go straight to the notice to vacate if you want, but in the US you very probably in most states have to give him the 30 days. You may need to go to the city hall for an official document.
>>
>>18086970
during the 30 days you'd be looking for a new roommate, obviously.
>>
>Plus I want to tell him it's time for him to stop buying toys and going on vacations
No, don't do that. That's his problem. He can figure out himself what are his priorities.

Just tell him that you're going to kick him out if he doesn't pay, which is the truth.
>>
>>18086969

Well, I'm the landlord. But yeah, the agreement is key. I don't wanna put the guy on the streets or anything, he's mostly a nice dude.

>>18086970
Would I need a document from City Hall for just a renter's agreement? Not sure how this works legally.
>>
OP again.

Forgot to tell the other anons - I'm having a really hard time finding anyone to move into the other room as it is. And I can't afford to kick this guy out and have zero roommates. So that's something I need to navigate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.