[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences with anti-depressant side effects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485509225509.jpg (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485509225509.jpg
127KB, 500x500px
Anyone else have weird side effects while taking Prozac/fluoxetine...or any other antidepressant? I started taking 40mg about 5-6 weeks ago, and I've been having trouble sleeping, bizarre/vivid dreams, along with anxiety attacks that wake me up in the middle of the night (which has never happened prior to taking it). Also I feel jittery yet tired at the same time. I don't really notice any changes with my depression, either.

Should I give it a little more time to see if these side effects subside or is Prozac just not for me? I plan on going back to the Dr. if things continue. I just wanted to hear other peoples' experiences
>>
I had the really crazy dreams. I hate prozac.
>>
>>18086933
my experience was the opposite, i was on a couple different types of antidepressants (including prozac at one point) and i just felt overly tired and sluggish all the time. 12 hour sleep cycles, etc. apparently feeling sleepy is pretty common, i dunno about anxiety attacks though, so i'd definitely bring it up to your doctor next time you see them, they'll probably be willing to switch you to a different medication.
>>
this are all pretty average side effects. almost all of them have them in the warnings (mine even includes "uncontrollable bowel movements"). i get pretty bad jitters, talk rapidly a lot, and typically sleep in 2-3 hour cycles 3 or so times with gaps between them.

i think it's worth talking to your doctor about, but it's worth considering how it affects you and if you've tried other meds and this one otherwise works for you. chances are you might swap and it'll do the same thing and you might get meds that won't. i would definitely talk to your doctor because they might be able to adjust the dosage. if it otherwise works be really adamant about it.

good luck, man.
>>
if you've been taking it a month, it's safe to say it's not for you. try a different one t b h

also 40 mg is a high dose, which is why you're getting the side effects. talk with your doctor to get it lowered or get on a different one. some antidepressants just work for some people, while others don't. ask for a different one

5-6 weeks is plenty of time to let it work
>>
>>18086942
Yeah, it's like I feel tired/sluggish throughout the day yet at the same time I can't fucking sleep. Never had problems with sleep before. Feels bad man
>>
>>18086957
Yeah, I know it's usually 2-4 weeks for it to take effect...sometimes longer. I started on 20mg and increased to 40mg. I don't know, I just wonder if I should ride it out a little longer before I switch to another AD. I know it's a trial and error thing. I've taken Zoloft in the past and couldn't cum...so far the Prozac doesn't affect me like this, thank fuck...
>>
>>18086955
Which antidepressant are you taking?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.